2024 Official Draft Thread - Day 1

27 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not like we haven't been doing this on this board for... say... 20+ years or anything right....

And look, if you want to send a PM or ask a question about why?  Cool.  I will talk to you, but come for us?  Yeah, f*** all of the way off.

21 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Harold loves anything Getz does. Getz could literally draft a piece of s%*# 1st and Harold would praise it. His credibility is gone unfortunately. 

At least it breaks up non-stop  "Getz sucks"
And frankly, while he's made a bunch of questionable moves, Crochet and Fedde  brought a lot more good than the others caused harm. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sure, we want more position players, but do you trust the Sox to play into the weaknesses of any of those kids?  Can they get less swing and miss out of their guys?  Can they keep hamstrings healthy?  Can the develop a really raw high school kid who didn't see real competition? 

I trust them way more to turn Hagen Smith into a really good major league starting pitcher than I trust them to develop anyone with those flaws into a really good major league hitter.

The White Sox are good at losing. Playing into that Sox formula because they aren’t good at anything else is of little comfort if you asked me

15 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

At least it breaks up non-stop  "Getz sucks"
And frankly, while he's made a bunch of questionable moves, Crochet and Fedde  brought a lot more good than the others caused harm. 

Why does Getz gets credit for Crochet again?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1