7/14 - Pittsburgh @ White Sox - 1:10 pm, Keller v. Shuster

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'll pose the same question to you: If Robert, Eloy and Yoan didn't get injured this year, and Benintendi and Vaughn both hit like their league-average selves, are you claiming this team would still have 70 losses at the break?

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Those are some crazy ifs.

Well, if you're going to mock me for a months old argument, that was my whole premise about their horrible start. 

The question stands. would they still have 70 losses at the break?

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

You already spouted this nonsense weeks ago and people laughed at you about it then.  The “big three” never stay healthy, Benintendi already sucked horribly last season, and Vaughn has always been mediocre.

So why were you expecting any of the things you posted to happen?

The “big three” are not only ever really healthy but 2 out of the 3 suck.

• Like 1

Just now, WestEddy said:

Well, if you're going to mock me for a months old argument, that was my whole premise about their horrible start. 

No, but they would still be a bottom 5 team in all of baseball.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Start with the manager, owner and GM.

Reacquire Cease and Lopez to go with Crochet, Robert, Thorpe and Fedde. Buy 2 good rellievers; buy 2 good hitters. Boom. More wins.

You think 2 more good hitters is all this team needs?  Greg, have you been sniffing glue?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You already spouted this nonsense weeks ago and people laughed at you about it then.  The “big three” never stay healthy, Benintendi already sucked horribly last season, and Vaughn has always been mediocre.

So why were you expecting any of the things you posted to happen?  Getz shouldn’t have expected it to happen either.

Nobody laughed. SS2k5 answered it, you ran away in a snit. 

And I didn't expect anything. Their 3 best offensive players were out 11 games in, and the next two started in horrible slumps. I'll ask you again, and try not to crap your pants running away. If Eloy, Yoan and Robert don't get injured, AND if Benintendi and Vaughn hit like their career averages, are the Sox sitting with 71 losses at the break?

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

And I didn't expect anything. Their 3 best offensive players were out 11 games in, and the next two started in horrible slumps. I'll ask you again, and try not to crap your pants running away. If Eloy, Yoan and Robert don't get injured, AND if Benintendi and Vaughn hit like their career averages, are the Sox sitting with 71 losses at the break?

People are laughing right now that you keep posting this nonsense.

Yes, in the bizarro dimension in which Eloy, Yoan, and Robert aren’t three of the most injury-prone players in the MLB, all stayed healthy, and all hit well (even though currently Eloy is terrible and Robert isn’t even hitting great as expected), and Benintendi didn’t repeat his same awful year as last season, and Vaughn was his usual mediocre self, the Sox may not have been a historically bad team, just really bad.  ?

But you couldn’t afford to buy all the IF’s this scenario would have required.

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Maybe not, but they would still be in last place. Eloy and Yoan just aren't very good. This team isn't very good to say the least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Probably not, but over 60, still hitting 100 easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Why doesn’t he play the “What If?” game of what if Getz didn’t have a historically bad offseason?  Perhaps the Sox would have a few more wins.

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So why were you expecting any of the things you posted to happen?  Getz shouldn’t have expected it to happen either.

And now he’s calling for one to be DFAd.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

People are laughing right now that you keep posting this nonsense.

Yes, in the bizarro dimension in which Eloy, Yoan, and Robert aren’t three of the most injury-prone players in the MLB, all stayed healthy, and all hit well (even though currently Eloy is terrible and Robert isn’t even hitting great as expected), and Benintendi didn’t repeat his same awful year as last season, and Vaughn was his usual mediocre self, the Sox may not have been a historically bad team, just really bad.  ?

But you couldn’t afford to buy all the IF’s this scenario would have required.

Hmmm. No laughing emojis on the question I posed, maybe you're hearing voices? 

See how painless trying to make sense is? 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Hmmm. No laughing emojis on the question I posed, maybe you're hearing voices? 

See how painless trying to make sense is? 

Read the comments.  No one agrees with your nonsense.

And like Dick Allen just said, now you are calling for one of the “big three” to be DFA.

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Reacquire Cease and Lopez to go with Crochet, Robert, Thorpe and Fedde. Buy 2 good rellievers; buy 2 good hitters. Boom. More wins.

You spent the White Sox prospect capital,  won 70 games, and still didn't accomplish anything of substance. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Well, I picked 68 wins on the year. I was one of the more optimistic. Pretty much everybody expected 100-110 losses. Removing 5/9 of their production from the lineup probably took some of the steam out of that 62 win team. 

This team has 3 good players and the plan is to  trade all 3.
There are a few other okay players and they will be dispatched as well.

Getz gets an F with the position player plugs that he brought in (Moldanado, Nicky Lopez etc.).  This really had no long-term impact but it was impactful in making the 2024 team terrible.  Nicky Lopez?  Are you kdding?  Mendick?

He gets an F- for bullpen; he actually had veterans who have had a good season in his hands, and cut them for lesser pitchers.  This cost the team trade pieces.

Whoever in the org. thinks that Pedro Grifol is in any way competent gets no grade.  That person needs to be banned from baseball.
But, Getz gets an A+ for starting pitching:  Crochet and Fedde.   And frankly, in the long term, that way outweighs the first 2.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Well, I picked 68 wins on the year. I was one of the more optimistic. Pretty much everybody expected 100-110 losses. Removing 5/9 of their production from the lineup probably took some of the steam out of that 62 win team. 

Eloy and Robert are here now.

Benintendi and Vaughn have started to hit a bit.

The team is still losing.

Read the comments.  No one agrees with your nonsense.

And like Dick Allen just said, now you are calling for one of the “big three” to be DFA.

I think that if Eloy can't be traded, there's really no need to give him at-bats after the All-Star break. I think a lot of people here agree with that. 

And you agree with my premise. You just admitted that in my hypothetical, the Sox wouldn't have been as bad as they are. I'm not sure why it's so painful for you to admit that you agree with a simple, logical point. 

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I think that if Eloy can't be traded, there's really no need to give him at-bats after the All-Star break. I think a lot of people here agree with that. 

And you agree with my premise. You just admitted that in my hypothetical, the Sox wouldn't have been as bad as they are. I'm not sure why it's so painful for you to admit that you agree with a simple, logical point. 

I agreed with you by saying, “in a bizarro dimension…”?  ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Eloy and Robert are here now.

Benintendi and Vaughn have started to hit a bit.

The team is still losing.

The White Sox started the season 2-15. As of game #82 (a couple days after Robert & Jimenez were both back), the White Sox are 6-11. I think you would agree that 6-11 is a better record than 2-15. 

38 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm hoping the White Sox sign Pete Alonso this off season.

• Haha 2

I agreed with you by saying, “in a bizarro dimension…”?  ?

Regardless. Perhaps by the end of the season, you'll admit that I've been calling Sheets a lefty bench bat, and Julks the weak half of a corner OF platoon. 

Baby steps.