7/14 - Pittsburgh @ White Sox - 1:10 pm, Keller v. Shuster

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I call keeping Grifol a restraint the hypothetical new GM has to deal with. 

You're agreeing with me, then pretending you're dunking on me. You really don't make any sense. 

You seemed to be blaming keeping Grifol on “bad PR around the league”.  That isn’t why he was kept.

• TLR 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hah, it’s cute that you actually think keeping or firing Grifol was ever Getz’s choice to make.

JR kept Grifol around because he really doesn’t care and wants to fire Grifol at the end of this season to serve as the fall guy for this absolute dumpster fire of a season and to serve as a cushion for him and Getz from receiving all of the criticism.

Grif is a pimple on the ass of this season.  Yeah, he hasn't helped, but this was a dumpster fire no matter who was managing this team.

36 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You seemed to be blaming keeping Grifol on “bad PR around the league”.  That isn’t why he was kept.

commas separate items of a list. I think we're all pretty aware of why Grifol is still here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mokena94 said:

Of all that has happened this season, the true indicator of the dysfunction of this organization is the repeated lack of fundamentals, that NEVER seem to improve. And nothing exemplifies that more than today when Robert caught yet another fly ball flat footed and double bounced a weak throw home, after the runner had easily crossed home. And that is followed up by Stone saying that Robert needs to work on getting behind the ball, and have his momentum going forward. Really?

This has been going on since he debuted in 2020, and nobody in this organization has thought to work on this with him over five years. Especially given that he has the athletic tools to be one of the better players in the game, when healthy. If it is being emphasized to Robert and he is not doing it, then that should have been addressed years ago with a few trips to the minors or benchings. If the coaches are not working on it, then each and every one should be let go - because little league, junior high, and high school coaches work on this all the time. Why MLB coaches cannot do that is unacceptable.

What an absolute disgrace this organization has become.

Fundamentals has been an unknown word in this organization for years, literally years.

Seems every spring the manager talks about how they are working on things, yet nothing seems to change.

These are simply "baseball stupid" players and an organization that is unable or unwilling to get through to them from a teaching standpoint. And my guess is it probably starts down in the minor leagues.