Grifol on first half...

To the Sun-Times:

“Obviously disappointing, this is not something we planned for. Something we didn’t really expect.”

“You can’t pinpoint it in one area because there have been times where we’ve made mistakes mentally and physically on the field defensively.  There have been times where we have not executed a game plan. There have been times where, on the pitching end, we leave a ball out over the plate.”

?

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm just more amazed that this clown was allowed to lose 71 games before the break in his second season as manager and is (as of this angry post) still employed. 

It’s pretty wild.  Hopefully they are just waiting until the trade deadline or something to make a move.  No way this clown should be give a single inch of rope at this point.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm just more amazed that this clown was allowed to lose 71 games before the break in his second season as manager and is (as of this angry post) still employed. 

If he had any self respect he would resign. But he chugs along helming the worst team in franchise history as if he doesn’t have a hand in his mess. 

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If he had any self respect he would resign. But he chugs along helming the worst team in franchise history as if he doesn’t have a hand in his mess. 

For a millionish a year, I wouldn't leave either.

• Like 2

“I’m shocked to still have a place here but thanks the Getzy and my boy Jerry, there isn’t anything I can do apparently which, you know, would cause me to lose this job. No one expected it but we just have to keep managing and know that one day, we will win. Our history shows that. These guys are professionals. They are fighters.”

-Pedro Grifol 

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

That is quitting.  His biggest weakness is diplomacy in everything.  Besides he came from the Royals.  They were a reversed s%*# sandwich, bread in the middle, s%*# on the outside. He's use to losing.

Edited by kitekrazy

8 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Dollar Store franchise with unqualified people tending the cash register

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And if he quits, he doesn’t get paid.  If he gets fired at the end of the season, he will earn another million or so for the 2025 season.

How about he fakes an injury and gets a medical procedure that takes him out until he qualifies for the extra million?  It's a win win for everyone.

5 minutes ago, NWsideSoxfan said:

Pedro is making 5.5 mil this year. He is one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Source?  It’s hard to believe this could possibly be true, between cheap Jerry and Grifol being a new manager with no previous managerial experience.

I think I had seen somewhere that the number was more like around a million per year for each of the 3 years of his contract.

Edited by WhiteSox2023