White Sox select Hagen Smith, 2 preps on day 1

bmags

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh boy cliques and claims of collective wisdom.   Don’t trust what you hear it’s just a echo chamber in here!

Avoid claiming that you speak for others. Just speak fr yourself. Likewise, maybe stop piling on Greg or any one poster. That is a worthless and shallow endeavor. 

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

9 minutes ago, tray said:

Avoid claiming that you speak for others. Just speak fr yourself. Likewise, maybe stop piling on Greg or any one poster. That is a worthless and shallow endeavor. 

But attacking Kyle is a worthwhile and high minded endeavor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bmags said:

I’m gonna embrace Greg’s post here he was always a bad poster

Say what you want about greg, he is always kind in his posts and respects the views of others even if others' views innately bother him. Peace on earth good will toward all.

-- As far as the thread I got no apparent problems with Sox draft albeit I have not studied it at all cept for the first pick. He seems fine.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

You are one to talk about broad generalizations.  I do not pile on, my responses are my own, and I honestly do not care how you are bothered by how I post.  You have been known to make broad generalizations about this board yourself so you can take you pithy criticism and walk

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You are one to talk about broad generalizations.  I do not pile on, my responses are my own, and I honestly do not care how you are bothered by how I post.  You have been known to make broad generalizations about this board yourself so you can take you pithy criticism and walk

For some reason Kyyle has gotten much friendlier in his posts the last year or so. Pretty wild the change.

• Like 1

Bannister was good stuff on the score today.  Highly recommend you listen to the segment if you can, it is in the 3rd hour of Bernstein and Holmes today 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I agree with him on the deloading.  That why I'm still so surprised they pitched Crochet the way they did so gar this season.

21 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I agree with him on the deloading.  That why I'm still so surprised they pitched Crochet the way they did so gar this season.

Deloading speaking more of routine and arm build-up while weighing increased workload, no? I'm not shocked to see them bulk Crochet and then maintain schedule and routine on limits rest of the way because it limits the total deloading of rest and then throw-resuming sporadically throughout the year.

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Hagen Smith should get some work in Low A, but our two high school draftees at the top are unlikely to play this year, which I find strange.

Rookie team is already ending/ed so there is no where to go that is a realistic level.  They aren't going to send them directly to Kannapolis.

10 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Hagen Smith should get some work in Low A, but our two high school draftees at the top are unlikely to play this year, which I find strange.

They’ll play. We just won’t hear about it. The Arizona affiliates will play backfield games every day. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Deloading speaking more of routine and arm build-up while weighing increased workload, no? I'm not shocked to see them bulk Crochet and then maintain schedule and routine on limits rest of the way because it limits the total deloading of rest and then throw-resuming sporadically throughout the year.

Pretty much. It's the fact that you do more of the conditioning but don't stop the pitching. We can do a lot if things fir the arm and body but pitching is still such a unique thing that they need to keep it going to an extent.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ptatc said:

I think it was intentional once he showed he could handle it, at least up to 100 innings when they started to back him down.  Seems like the plan was to pump and dump him.  However, if they don’t end up trading Crochet, it was a very questionable strategy.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think it was intentional once he showed he could handle it, at least up to 100 innings when they started to back him down.  Seems like the plan was to pump and dump him.  However, if they don’t end up trading Crochet, it was a very questionable strategy.

Agreed. If they don't trade him I bet they begin skipping starts to stretch it out over the season. Maybe like Schultz where he the the Friday starter with limited workload.