White Sox select Hagen Smith, 2 preps on day 1

bmags

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Stuff like this sounds so cringey to me.  Just pump up your pick don’t make it the best guy you have ever seen throw a ball

Yeah, remember when Robert was supposed to be the next Mike Trout

Edited by ScootsMcGoots

48 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would typically agree, but that superlative was being tossed around after his Oregon St start.  It’s better than hearing  Zack Collins would have been the pick if they had the first pick in the draft.

It’s better now because we hope it won’t end up the same way.  In five years we may not be saying the same thing lol

22 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Yeah, remember when Robert was supposed to be the next Mike Trout

I think more of “WOW HE JUST DID A BACKFLIP ON STAGE AFTER HE WAS DRAFTED THAT MEANS HE IS GOOD”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 7:57 AM, joejoesox said:

Why would you rush Hagen Smith to the bigs if you don't expect to have a competitive team for at least 2-3 years.  even if he's ready, why would you start his clock before the team is even good. 

keep reading that he could be on the team in 2025 or 2026, are you kidding me.  If he's dominating the minors, try to extend him to a team friendly deal for like 8+ yrs, at least you've got him for a couple more years

I've got bad news for those people who think the Sox are gonna be good in 2 years

One thing about 95 percent of this board. They are patient when it comes to their team. Two years, five. years, eight years, whatever. We'll hold those prospects down and wait, wait, wait. I wish this was like NBA where 19 year olds make the team and play right away.

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

One thing about 95 percent of this board. They are patient when it comes to their team. Two years, five. years, eight years, whatever. We'll hold those prospects down and wait, wait, wait. I wish this was like NBA where 19 year olds make the team and play right away.

Many of those 19 year old guys rarely see the floor.

One reason the fundamentals are so bad with this organization at least, is because guys are being brought up who have no idea how to play the game, do the little things.

I'm not saying go back to the days of Gary Peters and Joe Horlen who basically spent five years in the minors learning their craft but there's absolutely no need to rush guys up, destroy their confidence and see them fall flat on their faces. 

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think we are going to see a bunch of positional talent and depth come when they trade Robert, Crochet and Fedde. Going to guess maybe we get one high end pitching prospect but in all cases guessing best prospect will be a position player. 

Add in Kopech and Dejomh/Pham - not saying they get a ton for those guys - but get prospects and also find way to get international money and draft picks too. Leave no stone unturned at the trade deadline. 

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

Which prospect has this organization held down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

What he meant was that if Sox had any prospects that fit that scenario, they would have held them down.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

What he meant was that if Sox had any prospects that fit that scenario, they would have held them down.

They have had multiple high level prospects that they did the exact opposite with, they did not hold them down but rather promoted them extra fast.  That scenario simply does not happen with this organization

multiple high level prospects ON THIS CURRENT TEAM.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They have had multiple high level prospects that they did the exact opposite with, they did not hold them down but rather promoted them extra fast.  That scenario simply does not happen with this organization

multiple high level prospects ON THIS CURRENT TEAM.

This right here.  They are NEVER patient with prospects.

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I was responding to the poster wanting to keep our new pitcher in the minors for a long, long time. Heaven forbid he get called up early and help us win games. I'd say most of this board only cares about tanking and rebuilding and don't care how long it takes. On the contrary i want to win yesterday. I care not about prospects. Give me wins.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I was responding to the poster wanting to keep our new pitcher in the minors for a long, long time. Heaven forbid he get called up early and help us win games. I'd say most of this board only cares about tanking and rebuilding and don't care how long it takes. On the contrary i want to win yesterday. I care not about prospects. Give me wins.

weren't you just rambing on about keeping a 40 win team together?

• Like 1