The official thread of second half predictions

JoeC

• JoeC changed the title to The official thread of second half predictions

Jimenez feels soreness in his hamstring in the first series after the break but decides to play through the pain.  When running to 1st base a few days later, his leg literally falls off.

Toward the end of July, after a night of drinking, Getz finds a loophole in his contract and trades himself to the Miami Marlins.  The Sox receive Billy the Martin in return.

After a barrage of trades, the Sox are desperate for warm bodies and sign Abreu and TA.  Jose actually plays well but TA promptly gets into a brawl with Josh Naylor.  Naylor absorbs TA like the blob.

The Sox, looking to increase attendance, have a half-off campfire milkshake night.  The park sells out, but they run out of ice cream in the fourth inning.

JR, looking for more money, installs tolls booths at each restroom.  The Sox have a new slogan: White Sox Baseball - Bring Quarters, Bitches!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2003 Tigers were 26-72 after 98 games (+1.0GB of the 2024 Sox)

They finished the season 43-119

My bold prediction is that the Sox will finish the season with fewer than 40 wins.  

39-123

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

2003 Tigers were 26-72 after 98 games (+1.0GB of the 2024 Sox)

They finished the season 43-119

My bold prediction is that the Sox will finish the season with fewer than 40 wins.  

39-123

Even with how bad this team has been and is, I find it hard to imagine they only win 12 games the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, T R U said:

Even with how bad this team has been and is, I find it hard to imagine they only win 12 games the rest of the season.

as opposed to what, 16? there's only 64 games left.  you think they're gonna win at the same clip with their best players all moved?

if they don't trade Crochet and Robert, I'll give them 1 more win.  That's fair ;)

32 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

as opposed to what, 16? there's only 64 games left.  you think they're gonna win at the same clip with their best players all moved?

if they don't trade Crochet and Robert, I'll give them 1 more win.  That's fair ;)

Just because its baseball, it's incredibly difficult to be as bad as this team has been. Eventually, they'll win a few they really shouldn't have. It seems like we have had been on the wrong side of the majority of those situations so far.

My guess is they win 20 and finish 47 - 115

With all the justified criticism of Maldonado I think people have overlooked how bad  Michael Soroka has  been. He's 0-10 with no saves and has a ERA 5.23 They keep pitching him and he can't get anybody out.  Looks to me like they  will continue pitching him. I actually think its possible he might finish with 20 losses. I've touched on this before but I actually feel that management doesn't care if this team keeps losing.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

With all the justified criticism of Maldonado I think people have overlooked how bad  Michael Soroka has  been. He's 0-10 with no saves and has a ERA 5.23 They keep pitching him and he can't get anybody out.  Looks to me like they  will continue pitching him. I actually think its possible he might finish with 20 losses. I've touched on this before but I actually feel that management doesn't care if this team keeps losing.

Have you seen our bullpen?  It's a dumpster fire. It isn't like we are hiding good relievers or something. The minors aren't any better, hence this team being awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

You don't need to worry about him losing 20 games. 

The right-handed hurler replaced opener Jared Shuster with two outs in the third and recorded the final out during what was scheduled as a bullpen day on Sunday in the team's first-half finale against the Pirates. He threw one pitch out of the zone to Jack Suwinski to start the third and signaled for the training staff. Soroka left with right shoulder soreness and will undergo further evaluations, per the White Sox.