White Sox broadcast rated dead last

5 minutes ago, Johno said:

What have I missed, why is Kasper and Beckham doing the Sox TV games??

Schriffin is off doing NBA Summer League games and Stone is on vacation. 

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think there is some truth to that. But as I wrote I don't think he understands yet calling MLB as opposed to G-League, Slamball or NBA Summer League.

Different type athletes, different skill sets, different rhythms to the sport and most importantly a totally different audience.

He's not going anywhere short of new ownership so I hope next year is better, he's difficult to listen to.  

Not sure watching the team is any better.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

have no idea, but you would think it would be something he could have got out of. 

So the Sox were upset that Benetti wanted to do games outside of White Sox baseball but now have no problem with Schriffen doing the very same thing?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So the Sox were upset that Benetti wanted to do games outside of White Sox baseball but now have no problem with Schriffen doing the very same thing?

Apparently not. Schriffen probably bows to Brooks every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Schriffen doesn't eat disgustingly on air

• Haha 1

Schriffen hasn't missed much. Benetti I think once took two weeks off to do the Olympics. I don't think the situations are all too comparable. My guess is also that Schriffen does have a vacation series to take and he just happens to be working over it because Vegas why not? But that is a pure guess. Benetti missing a ridiculous amount of games was something the Sox should be mad about. He did promise the Tigers 140 games or whatever though. We shall see.

11 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Schriffen hasn't missed much. Benetti I think once took two weeks off to do the Olympics. I don't think the situations are all too comparable. My guess is also that Schriffen does have a vacation series to take and he just happens to be working over it because Vegas why not? But that is a pure guess. Benetti missing a ridiculous amount of games was something the Sox should be mad about. He did promise the Tigers 140 games or whatever though. We shall see.

What he promised the Tigers, he gave the White Sox. Stone gets vacations of almost as many games. It's just not as noticed becuase it comes in stretches, where Jason's would be once or twice a week for a while.

I think the games missed thing was just an excuse.Isn't it good publicity the voice of the White Sox is doing national games and College football and basketball. IMO, it came down to a relationship between Jason and Brooks that apparently disintegrated, with a little JR not being a fan of Jason thrown it. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1