White Sox broadcast rated dead last

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

Sox booth is as bad and unprofessional as they come with the growl and the screaming. Sad cause Stoney ends his career on a down note with this inexperienced guy next to him. Stoney is 10 out of 10; the new guy is 1-10.

Schriffen never should have been hired. Stoney should have left a long time ago.

I do miss Jason, but I'm not going to talk bad about them just yet. It's not like the organization has put a product on the field that is worth a damn for them to talk about. Team was a known failure before the season started.

These guys can only sell bullshit for so long

The team is so bad this is actually worth discussing. 

If the Sox are playing I find the opposing team's announcers annoying. 

Listening or watching random games and it seems that any announcing teams are an acquired taste. 

1 hour ago, Slayer12 said:

I do miss Jason, but I'm not going to talk bad about them just yet. It's not like the organization has put a product on the field that is worth a damn for them to talk about. Team was a known failure before the season started.

These guys can only sell bullshit for so long

yeah buddy. Que the fireworks.

• Haha 1

Jason is like a chain restaurant known for being fairly decent even on their worst day. Maybe something like a Jersey Mike's.

But personally I'm not a big chain guy, decent enough or not.

I'm glad he went to Detroit but sadly we replaced him not with a nice local place, but with a Subway.

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jason is like a chain restaurant known for being fairly decent even on their worst day. Maybe something like a Jersey Mike's.

I'm glad he went to Detroit but sadly we replaced him not with a nice local place, but with a Subway.

This is a gas station subway where the attendant is making you wait for your sub while he gets the gas customers 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can smell it through the screen. It's somewhere on the Ohio turnpike.

The franchise also has many locations in Missouri 

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The parking lot attendants do suck.

A long time ago, must have been 25 years at this point, went to a game with my dad at New Comiskey, back when it was still fairly new and novel. We were excited and the first interaction was with a dipshit parking attendant that was super aggressively trying to scare us into parking in his lot and blah blah blah.

We went and parked in some private lot for less and the car was just fine.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-media/2024/07/18/chicago-white-sox-john-schriffen-steve-stone-jason-benetti-awful-announcing-mlb-rankings-2024

"Schriffen has figured out some things, such as toning down his act and slowing his delivery. His voice is pleasant, and he calls the action well. He has set up Stone with some good questions. But he’s learning things about broadcasting and baseball that he should’ve learned calling games in the minors. That’s where many announcers find their way. Such experience wasn’t important to the Sox, who were more focused on availability and affordability."

Edited by Lip Man 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:23 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Hey man don't knock Subway, you're literally the one selecting the sandwhich if its not good that's on you.

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Never a dull day in White Sox fandom.

He just can't help himself can he? Guy is an embarrassment. 

'I don't care how many L's we've got, we're not going to take that s%*# from Milwuakee...er I mean the media!' ?

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Never a dull day in White Sox fandom.

This dude is already turning into a mini-Stone Pony holding all of these grudges, but without the resume and body of work that Stone has.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He just can't help himself can he? Guy is an embarrassment. 

'I don't care how many L's we've got, we're not going to take that s%*# from Milwuakee...er I mean the media!' ?

He’s a clown.  I can see if posters didn’t like Benetti’s style but he was way more professional than this douche.  Schriffen must already be learning how to be a dbag from Boyer.

On 7/16/2024 at 3:26 PM, 2Deep said:
ESPN
Covered men's & women's college basketball as a Play-by-Play broadcaster. Served as a sideline reporter for NFL, college football & college basketball.

White Sox on NBC Sports Chicago and ESPN, calling collegiate sports and KBO League baseball for the network. Previously Schriffen acted as a reporter for CBS Sports and hosted That Other Pre Game Show on CBS Sports Network.

Lip Man is just disgruntled because he thinks in his mind that he should have gotten the job because he claims to announce games.  For who, or what it doesn't matter he's gonna hate because the baseball on the south side has been so bad that he has to pick apart an announcer in his first year with a new team.  Who the f cares, if the Sox were winning we wouldn't be talking about the announcing booth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1