2025 MLB Draft

I think what pisses me off most about the rules is that revenue sharing teams aren't penalized as hard for remaining in the lottery and can still get competitive balance picks. It needs to be one or the other at this point.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:55 PM, Falstaff said:

Are you familiar with the amount of money the Sox will have to spend ?

I wanna see if we get our pool determined by the 10th pick and then based on our first slot in each subsequent round… or do we get 10th slot money to use for every round.

You’d think it’s the first case.

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I wanna see if we get our pool determined by the 10th pick and then based on our first slot in each subsequent round… or do we get 10th slot money to use for every round.

Pool is determined by the aggregate of your picks.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It’s just all of your picks added up. First pick in rounds 2-10 and then also 10th overall. Should be $12 million or so. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bmags said:

Lincoln-Way east has another prep prospect in Jack Bauer.

Jaden Fauske of Nazareth academy is a catcher in the top 100.

Man Corona High School has 3 of the top 5 and 5 in the BA100 for prep players that’s gotta be crazy. 

I’m in support of adding Jack Bauer to this org. Will swiftly solve the rot in 24 hours. 

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’m in support of adding Jack Bauer to this org. Will swiftly solve the rot in 24 hours. 

We are at the point where the kid may have literally been named after him.

Posted (edited)

A new mock from MLB Pipeline's Jonathan Mayo. This one also has the Sox taking... Devin Taylor.

He is a midwest dude, who plays at a midwest school and has a track record of performing with wood bats. So he checks those White Sox boxes. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/2025-mlb-mock-draft?t=mlb-draft-coverage

10. White Sox: Devin Taylor, OF, Indiana
Taylor has already established a very good hitting, and hitting with power, resume. He’s coming off a 20-home run season at Indiana and has a career 1.096 OPS with the Hoosiers and he’s built off of that with a very strong showing in the Cape Cod League this summer. He’ll play an outfield corner, but should hit to profile well there.

Another benefit for the Sox, the high school hitters in this class are lightyears better than the 2024 crop.

Edited by Boopa1219

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Is this draft expected to be great where picking 10th in the first round but first in every other round wouldn’t be as terrible as it feels picking 10th instead of 1st?

Probably too early to say anything conclusively, but I'd wager it's stronger. 2024 was considered historically weak. Hard to envision it being worse. Below is a blurb prefacing the 2025 draft rankings at BA.

The 2025 MLB Draft class appears stronger than 2024, especially at the high school level. Shortstop Ethan Holliday ranks No. 1 entering the prep season. The top of the list also features several recognizable stars at the college ranks who enjoyed loud starts to the season.

Edited by DirtySox

On 7/17/2024 at 8:06 AM, Sleepy Harold said:

"Drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the first round of the 1992 Major League Baseball Draft, Jamie Arnold spent seven seasons in the Braves farm system, pitching for the Gulf Coast Braves (1992), Macon Braves (1993), Durham Bulls (1994–1995), Greenville Braves (1995–1998) and Richmond Braves."

Bad vibes with this name and MLB first rounders...

I’m being totally serious here, does MLB jump in and decide the White Sox will get the first pick in the 2025 draft just because they are so bad?   I know the best slot they can get in the draft is the 10th pick, but this just seems criminal considering how bad this entire organization is.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Johno said:

I’m being totally serious here, does MLB jump in and decide the White Sox will get the first pick in the 2025 draft just because they are so bad?   I know the best slot they can get in the draft is the 10th pick, but this just seems criminal considering how bad this entire organization is.

It was an ill-conceived lottery.

• Like 1