Heyman: Senzel to Sox

Heads22

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Or Robert.  Senzel also played CF for the Reds prior to this year.  But I would agree with you that it is likely DeJong.

He’s played more MLB innings in CF than anywhere else combined including both OF spots, 3B and 2B. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He would probably complain that he was rushed if they did call him up. 

I think you can remove the probably and frankly the rest of the statement except complain and you’d be right 100% of the time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He would probably complain that he was rushed if they did call him up. 

Nah, I’m used to Sox position prospects busting out and you should be too.  But you have to keep trying.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Senzel will pull an Elvis and hit for a few months.....then they'll resign him for next season and he will suck. Oh, maybe I should've posted this in the 2nd half predictions thread.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Senzel will pull an Elvis and hit for a few months.....then they'll resign him for next season and he will suck. Oh, maybe I should've posted this in the 2nd half predictions thread.

Too accurate.  That is for wrong predictions only

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

There is more to promotion than numbers. Ramos had to come up as they had no one else who wasn't injured that could play 3B.

Age isn't a determinant of readiness unless you truly don't care about a prospect. Which they may not and could bring them up regardless.

I believe Remillard was actually on the 40-man roster and available in Charlotte when Ramos was called up.  Remillard was called up a few days later when Grossman was traded to Texas, so your statement isn’t true.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I believe Remillard was actually on the 40-man roster and available in Charlotte when Ramos was called up.  Remillard was called up a few days later when Grossman was traded to Texas, so your statement isn’t true.

Could be. I seem to remember an article that Sosa was injured and remillard couldn't be called up at the time.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Could be. I seem to remember an article that Sosa was injured and remillard couldn't be called up at the time.

You may be correct.  Remillard was outrighted to Charlotte on 4/30.  Do they have to wait 10 days to call him back up?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Zach Remillard was DFAed 4/22, and outrighted May 1st. Remillard was not on the 40-man. Ramos was the only infielder on the 40-man. Mendick went on the IL and Ramos was called up May 4th. Zach Remillard was recalled May 8th. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chi-white-sox/transactions/

ptac is correct, you are not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, WestEddy said:

Zach Remillard was DFAed 4/22, and outrighted May 1st. Remillard was not on the 40-man. Ramos was the only infielder on the 40-man. Mendick went on the IL and Ramos was called up May 4th. Zach Remillard was recalled May 8th. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chi-white-sox/transactions/

ptac is correct, you are not. 

Thanks.  Did Remillard replace Grossman on the 40-man when Grossman was traded?

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Thanks.  Did Remillard replace Grossman on the 40-man when Grossman was traded?

Yes, on the 8th. 

As far as Ramos, I was surprised he started the year in Birmingham, and Monty in Charlotte. I thought it should have been the other way around. My thought was they were going to roster Ramos for a day or two, a la Colas, but when it seemed he was going to be up for a week or so, Grifol started penciling him in at 3B. I don't think that's a problem. Give the guy a taste, then send him to AAA so he has an idea how fast the big game is. 

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Certainly seems like a precursor to a trade of DeJong, but with the way this team operates Sosa will be sent down to "work on some things" and Senzel will be starting alongside DeJong for a few more weeks.

That would be ideal. I really don't think they need to see any more of Shewmake. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That would be ideal. I really don't think they need to see any more of Shewmake. 

Not sure what his ailment is Shewmake has been on IL in AAA for awhile. In any event, would imagine Baldwin gets a shot before Shewmake gets another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm going to die on the hill that Senzel is going to hit.  No better place for his long overdue breakout than here.  

No single organization maximizes a player’s potential like the White Sox. I’m all in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2