Heyman: Senzel to Sox

Heads22

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have had about enough of this burger erasure around here.  All burgers are something, even the impossible burger 

I do agree we need to move (ahem) Beyond Burger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

14 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm going to die on the hill that Senzel is going to hit.  No better place for his long overdue breakout than here.  

His time in the majors definitely supports this 

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Meh - this is a nothingburger of a deal.

Like other have mentioned, this just means someone like DeJong is being traded, and the backfill prospects aren't ready (in the org's view).

As long as this doesn't cut into Sosa's time, I'm OK with this move.

It is, but haven't they tortured Sox fans enough? Now we get to watch this dope? No hit, no field, never healthy,owed  minimum, that's a 4 tool player under the White Sox model.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Most of Getz’s offseason acquisitions probably felt like this.

Eh, dejong, pham and flexen at a minimum are on prove it deals to get traded to a contender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

It is, but haven't they tortured Sox fans enough? Now we get to watch this dope? No hit, no field, never healthy,owed  minimum, that's a 4 tool player under the White Sox model.

At least this way, we're (probably) not ruining yet another prospect's development by rushing them to play meaningless games on a team destined to lose at historical rates, guided by one of the worst field managers in history.

18 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm going to die on the hill that Senzel is going to hit.  No better place for his long overdue breakout than here.  

We're going to miss you. Miss you like he's going to miss that third swing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

This could be post of the Jerry regime.

5 hours ago, JoeC said:

At least this way, we're (probably) not ruining yet another prospect's development by rushing them to play meaningless games on a team destined to lose at historical rates, guided by one of the worst field managers in history.

If this bum plays the outfield, they will be wasting at bats that could’ve gone to Colas.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This could be post of the Jerry regime.

At least since 2007, before that especially in the early days of ownership, JR and EE did actually spend on good players.  

30 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Senzel still only has four years service time. Does that mean Sox get arb rights, or no?

Yes. He’d have another year of arb control in 25, if they want it. Also, Sox will owe Senzel prorated amount of league min. Anything they pay will come off the $2M the Nats owe. 

Edited by ChiSox59

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yes. He’d have another year of arb control in 25, if they want it. Also, Sox will owe Senzel prorated amount of league min. Anything they pay will come off the $2M the Nats owe. 

This move makes SOME sense then.

could flip him or dump him after the year with minima risk.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think you are correct.  He’s not a free agent until 2026.  But that isn’t a plus for a player this awful.

Well, yeah probably not. You never know though

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Wasn’t he good as a rookie with the Reds… and an often discussed trade target for us the following year?

Yep. Was a very promising prospect. Lots of injuries. I was a big fan.