2024-25 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Keenan Allen gained 19 pounds over the offseason?  He was and still is listed at 211 pounds for last year by NFL.com.

That is a bit interesting. Haven't heard anything about this - you wonder if this was by design or what is driving it. Entering a contract year - he has every reason to give it his all and be in fantastic shape. So makes me wonder is this a decision to come into off-season a bit heavier and shed weight during camp to maintain / do something slightly different or did he not work as hard (haven't heard anything implying he hasn't been putting in the work). 

Or is this one of those - his weight in Chargers hasn't been updated in years since he had been there, and reality is he had been playing heavier for years? But they don't really refresh until he switched teams.  

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

That is a bit interesting. Haven't heard anything about this - you wonder if this was by design or what is driving it. Entering a contract year - he has every reason to give it his all and be in fantastic shape. So makes me wonder is this a decision to come into off-season a bit heavier and shed weight during camp to maintain / do something slightly different or did he not work as hard (haven't heard anything implying he hasn't been putting in the work). 

Or is this one of those - his weight in Chargers hasn't been updated in years since he had been there, and reality is he had been playing heavier for years? But they don't really refresh until he switched teams.  

If this was Nate Davis, I'd have a much bigger concern. Allen has been an absolute pro his entire career, don't think it's a thing...until it becomes a thing.