Official NBA 24-25 Thread

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully this isn't what we remember the kid for.

was wondering if anyone would post about that stuff, didn't know about it this weekend but tons of socials on this game. Better than the alternative (bronny)

1 minute ago, bmags said:

was wondering if anyone would post about that stuff, didn't know about it this weekend but tons of socials on this game. Better than the alternative (bronny)

Great summer league play doesn't mean much - but being awful in summer league play is usually a bad sign.  Matas has certainly had his flashes of positives. You can see he is raw and has a lot of work on - but you can also see some projectible upside in him.  

22 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Great summer league play doesn't mean much - but being awful in summer league play is usually a bad sign.  Matas has certainly had his flashes of positives. You can see he is raw and has a lot of work on - but you can also see some projectible upside in him.  

Physically and basketball wise he’s three years away from being of any use in the NBA. College or Europe is where he belongs right now. 

Man. Seeing 3 meaningless summer league games - I really like the chip and swagger that our young rookie plays with. This is most excited I’ve been about a rookie since Lauri (who we knew I loved). 

He is still thin and has to work on his shot -  hit his handles are way better than expected and athleticism is real good for his size. Showed good basketball iq and passing. Just a lot to like - full well knowing he will have ups and downs next year while he works on those developmental areas but I like his long term potential. 

In general despite fact team will lose quite a few games, if they keep Lavine for part of the year (and just not play Vuc or dump Vuc cause he is just awful to watch play)….but they will be far more enjoyable to watch in terms of playing fast and having more flow to offense. 

Again - they will suck, but a far more enjoyable suck. 

On 7/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, Stinky Stanky said:

Physically and basketball wise he’s three years away from being of any use in the NBA. College or Europe is where he belongs right now. 

I think "Of any use" is a bit of a stretch. I think if the manage to trade Lavine and Vuc, and he gets heavy minutes, I could see him in the ROY conversation.  

He certainly doesn't seem to lack confidence/aggression ala Williams. 

• 1 month later...