White Sox sign...

We will put all of the Sox signings in this thread to keep track...

BOLDED = SIGNED

Italics = Not expected to sign

1. Hagen Smith LHP

2. Caleb Bonemer SS

2CB. Blake Larson LHP

3. Nick McLain OF

4. Casey Saucke OF

5. Sam Antonacci IF - $575K

6. Jackson Appel C

7. Phil Fox RHP

8. Aaron Combs RHP - $250K

9. Jack Young RHP

10. Cole McConnell OF

11. Blake Shepardson RHP - $150k

12. Nathan Archer OF

13. Pierce George RHP

14.  Justin Sinibaldi LHP

15. Mason Moore RHP

16. T.J. McCants OF

17. Lyle Miller-Green TWP

18. Liam Paddack LHP

19. Nick Pinto LHP

20. Myles Bailey 1B

Bryce Elbin IF UDFA

Grant Smith SS UDFA

Colton McIntosh, RHP UDFA

Grant Magill C UDFA

Alec Makarewicz, 3B UDFA

Jose Corona C UDFA

Miguel Santos IF UDFA

Gray Thomas P UDFA

Clete Hartzog P UDFA

• Like 2

BA writeup on UDFA Bryce Eblin

Eblin is a 5-foot-11, 185-pound infielder who had modest performance through his first three years at Alabama before putting together a strong showing in the Cape Cod League in 2023. He hit .367/.429/.392 in 32 games, though as his line suggests he was mostly a singles hitter and tallied just three extra-base hits. Eblin carried over that production to the early parts of the 2024 season when he started the year hot and homered four times in his first 19 games (a career best) with a .377/.449/.652 slash line. He doesn’t have a ton of power but can provide defensive versatility across the infield.

Makarewicz is really good. He absolutely raked this year for NC State.

”A-Mak had one of the best offensive seasons in NC State history. He finished with the most Total Bases EVER in a single season, with the 4th most Home Runs & Doubles. He also earned multiple All-American honors, as well as 2nd Team All-ACC honors. Makarewicz, who transferred from ECU last offseason, hit .378, with 24 Home Runs, 25 Doubles, 84 RBI’s, 66 Runs, with an OPS of 1.191.“

• Like 1

I agree with James. There's a legit top 5 pitcher, 2 expensive HS, mild reaches on a couple college outfielders, then a whole lot of 5th year senior signs and college relievers. It's a top heavy class. Hard to see $15 mil unless Smith got like $9 mil.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

If Smith 8.5, 2.5 and 2 for the HS, you have 13 already. 

I don’t think Smith would be that much.  My guess is $8.0M, $3.0M, & $2.0M for our first three picks, which would be ~$1.8M overslot in total.  It’s very clear with our day 2 picks that we went well above the 5% $700k overage on day 1.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:25 PM, NCsoxfan said:

Makarewicz is really good. He absolutely raked this year for NC State.

”A-Mak had one of the best offensive seasons in NC State history. He finished with the most Total Bases EVER in a single season, with the 4th most Home Runs & Doubles. He also earned multiple All-American honors, as well as 2nd Team All-ACC honors. 

Makarewicz, who transferred from ECU last offseason, hit .378, with 24 Home Runs, 25 Doubles, 84 RBI’s, 66 Runs, with an OPS of 1.191.“

I'm surprised an All American 3B from the ACC who put up ridiculous numbers didn't get drafted. I guess he's old since he's the all time leader in games played but still. 

13 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'm surprised an All American 3B from the ACC who put up ridiculous numbers didn't get drafted. I guess he's old since he's the all time leader in games played but still. 

He also homered in the college World Series game against Florida. Cant recall if it was against Jac