Sosa Optioned, Mendick DFA, Senzel Signed

Heads22

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Hmmmm, who could be the other infielder coming up? Ramos seems to have been hitting with more authority, lately. 

I don't think we really need to see Shewmake anymore. 

Agreed. Shewmake is definitely a DFA/non-tender candidate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Hmmmm, who could be the other infielder coming up? Ramos seems to have been hitting with more authority, lately. 

I don't think we really need to see Shewmake anymore. 

Narrator: "it was Shewmake."

Just now, Heads22 said:

Moncada probably

Makes sense.

DFA Mendick for Senzel is an actual positive move. If they sent Sosa down for Moncada, I understand that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Getting rid of Sosa is a very dumb move, in my opinion. Even if Moncada is coming back, play him at 2nd everyday. Only thing that makes sense is if they are trying to....showcase Lopez for the next two weeks?

Lopez has been hitting well lately. 

And I wonder if there are some early trades, or they just DFA Shewmake when Moncada comes off the 60-day IL. 

18 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Getting rid of Sosa is a very dumb move, in my opinion. Even if Moncada is coming back, play him at 2nd everyday. Only thing that makes sense is if they are trying to....showcase Lopez for the next two weeks?

Moncada will play 3rd rest of the season, they aren't going to play him "all around" like some people were ridiculously suggesting months ago.

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

Moncada will play 3rd rest of the season, they aren't going to play him "all around" like some people were ridiculously suggesting months ago.

Yeah, these are moves based in Moncada returning and trades soon. Sosa is the inly one they can send down. He'll be back once the trades happen. If there are no trades, he'll be back next year. He's shown he can be a decent bench piece.

Edited by ptatc

26 minutes ago, T R U said:

I meant play Sosa at 2nd. I don't give a s%*# what they do with Moncada. Let him shoot a music video during the 4th inning for all I care.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Lopez has been hitting well lately. 

And I wonder if there are some early trades, or they just DFA Shewmake when Moncada comes off the 60-day IL. 

Well Lopez’ .627 OPS in July is better than his .581 in June.  But he’s just awful. 

Edited by GreenSox

13 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Well Lopez’ .627 OPS in July is better than his .581 in June.  But he’s just awful. 

He really needs to be the next to go.  While some team will trade for DeBong, I don’t see any team being interested in Slappy Nicky.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

I meant play Sosa at 2nd. I don't give a s%*# what they do with Moncada. Let him shoot a music video during the 4th inning for all I care.

That's a great idea for the next AppleTV game.