Maldy DFAed

7 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Quero does not have to be put on the 40 man this winter. I think there’s a solid chance we see Chuckie for the remainder of the year. That is not necessarily a good thing.

It gives Chris a chance to acquire a 35 year old third string catcher instead of assets.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Quero does not have to be put on the 40 man this winter. I think there’s a solid chance we see Chuckie for the remainder of the year. That is not necessarily a good thing.

I'd much rather see Chuckie than Quero.  Quero shouldn't sniff the big leagues until next May. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd much rather see Chuckie than Quero.  Quero shouldn't sniff the big leagues until next May. 

Yeah, I am ok with Quero getting some extra time.  No rush there.  I'd rather even get a Carlos Perez run again.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, I am ok with Quero getting some extra time.  No rush there.  I'd rather even get a Carlos Perez run again.

I don't believe Carlos has caught a single inning in AAA this season.  I doubt he's an option. 

9 hours ago, Timmy U said:

That’s fine with me. Call Quero up 3 weeks into next year.

Edited by WestEddy

On 7/17/2024 at 5:54 PM, ptatc said:

Considering the pitching staff will look considerably different soon, why not start out with a new group. If he helped even a little with raising the trade value of Crochet, Fedde or Flexen et al. It was worth it.

I would rather have the $4.25 million towards a better FA signing and more innings/ABs for other options.

Edited by tjp1684