Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

I would hope the Sox wouldn't deal all their chips to one team.  Saw this (from June) and was like eh

Dodgers acquire CF Luis Robert Jr., LHP Garrett Crochet and RHP Michael Kopech from White Sox for RHP Nick Frasso, LHP Justin Wrobleski, RHP Kyle Hurt, RHP Payton Martin, C Dalton Rushing, OF Andy Pages and SS Emil Morales

- The Athletic's Jim Bowden

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

41 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They certainly could get a 'quantity' deal done.  They're just missing a top notch headliner.  I wouldn't hate Outman, and Vargas being included in a deal either. You won't find them on prospect lists anymore as they've graduated.

Outman is 27.  That time has passed.  The Sox should not be targeting him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If he is the 3rd piece that would be outstanding.

I just don't know what his purpose would be...unless it is just to fill the position until we are good again.  And if that is the case, then he isn't worth getting excited about.  Would Outman be considered part of the rebuild?  I just don't see that...

44 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I would hope the Sox wouldn't deal all their chips to one team.  Saw this (from June) and was like eh

Yeah, Ideally i would send Robert and Crochet to separate teams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I just don't know what his purpose would be...unless it is just to fill the position until we are good again.  And if that is the case, then he isn't worth getting excited about.  Would Outman be considered part of the rebuild?  I just don't see that...

Still has 5 years of control left.  Most of my problem is that he really looks like this year was a bust, and a hard regression at the major league level.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I guess he could be another piece to flip in a year if he bounces back or extend.

• Like 1

I don't think the Dodgers really have the bullets to acquire both. One would require both Rushing and De Paula plus one of the near MLB ready arms ++, and I don't think I'd even like that.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

After Steven Wilson, the new rule should be "no acquiring pieces that are older than the guy you're trading."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think the Dodgers really have the bullets to acquire both. One would require both Rushing and De Paula plus one of the near MLB ready arms ++, and I don't think I'd even like that.  

Agreed. I do not want another catcher as a headliner.

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Like, do we really feel like Rushing, DePaula, one of Ryan/Hurt, and a couple 12-20 types is enough to let go of one of these guys? The Dodgers primary prospects outside of De Paula are all old. 

• Like 2

Just now, GGajewski18 said:

Dodgers don't have the pieces for Robert. 

Crochet would require Rushing and DePaula at minimum. 

I don't see it getting done. 

Crochet might be more valuable than Robert at this point, tbh.  Or at least close.  They're both extremely valuable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They certainly could get a 'quantity' deal done.  They're just missing a top notch headliner.  I wouldn't hate Outman, and Vargas being included in a deal either. You won't find them on prospect lists anymore as they've graduated.

I would, unless maybe 5th or 6th pieces..  Outman: 33% ks; never was a top prospect. .516 OPS this year.   His 4 WAR last year looks as phony as Lux' a couple of years ago.  Pass. 

Vargas can't play a position.   This would be a spare parts trade, and not the start to building a contender.
I'd much rather a deep dive into their lower levels, carefully evaluating some of their international guys, etc.

Edited by GreenSox

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I would, unless maybe 5th or 6th pieces..  Outman: 33% ks; never was a top prospect. .516 OPS this year.   His 4 WAR last year looks as phony as Lux' a couple of years ago.  Pass. 

Vargas can't play a position.   This would be a spare parts trade, and not the start to building a contender.
I'd much rather a deep dive into their lower levels, carefully evaluating some of their international guys, etc.

Do the Dodgers have any middle relievers or old utility guys?  Asking for an unnamed GM.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do the Dodgers have any middle relievers or old utility guys?  Asking for an unnamed GM.

This is the  equivalent on a relative basis, if a key part of a trade for our top trade chits.  And the 3rd and 4th pieces are important in these trades.

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

This is the  equivalent on a relative basis, if a key part of a trade for our top trade chits.  And the 3rd and 4th pieces are important in these trades.

Such as a middle reliever as say the 3rd or 4th piece in a trade for a pitcher who ceased to be with the Sox?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I agree unless it's Basallo with a co-headliner of Mayo.  Quero/Basallo splitting time at DH/C/1B would be just fine with me.  I don't love how the Dodgers match up for Crochet, we need high end bats back for him. 

5 hours ago, joejoesox said:

When Bowden was a GM, he had a reputation of valuing his players way too high. He would never had made this trade from a White Sox perspective.