Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

11 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Dodgers don't match up for these trades. I keep going back to the fact that the only team that really matches up for what we're looking for is Baltimore

The Mets?

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Orioles, Philly, Mariners, and Mets all match up fairly well imo.

I think you could also add Boston in.

A package of Crochet, Kopech and Moncada would be the ultimate dark comedy.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think you could also add Boston in.

A package of Crochet, Kopech and Moncada would be the ultimate dark comedy.

Boston indeed matches up very well.

I've largely been whatever on what Getz has done thus far, but he really needs to nail the return on the few remaining assets from the old guard. It will largely dictate if/when this organization becomes competitive again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Orioles, Philly, Mariners, and Mets all match up fairly well imo.

I think in terms of who could win one of these deals if they wanted to, the Orioles lead this list by far, and then I think comes in the Mariners and Red Sox.  That list is 100% on if they want to win a deal, and also have a need for the players involved.  Past that teams like San Diego, Philly, and the Yankees could make a deal work if other teams aren't willing to deal their high players.

Many of you are saying this but Boston has been the most underrated match team for Crochet out there not enough people are talking about. 3 position players inside pipeline top 24 in Mayer, Anthony and Teel. Also a team in the hunt that absolutely need SP help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peanut33tillman said:

Many of you are saying this but Boston has been the most underrated match team for Crochet out there not enough people are talking about. 3 position players inside pipeline top 24 in Mayer, Anthony and Teel. Also a team in the hunt that absolutely need SP help.

This is the reason a few people are mentioning them for sure.  They have the ability to win a deal like only two other teams do.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is the reason a few people are mentioning them for sure.  They have the ability to win a deal like only two other teams do.

I also think it makes sense to potentially beat 2 division rivals also in the playoff mix the Yankees and Os to a power arm like crochet. The Orioles and Redsox are probably my 2 favorite matches for him. 

4 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I agree unless it's Basallo with a co-headliner of Mayo.  Quero/Basallo splitting time at DH/C/1B would be just fine with me.  I don't love how the Dodgers match up for Crochet, we need high end bats back for him. 

There is zero chance of getting a package that includes Basallo and Mayo. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

34 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

The only problem with Boston is you would NEED 2 of them.. Outside of their top 3, their system is barren. 

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The only problem with Boston is you would NEED 2 of them.. Outside of their top 3, their system is barren. 

I still think you could get something like Basallo, Beavers, McDermott or Povich, Bright, Stowers, and a DSL lottery ticket or 2 for Crochet and Brebbia.

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You can build a deal round 2 of the 3, with Meyer or Anthony as a must.  You can win a deal with both Meyer and Anthony.  I can't see Chris Getz making this deal without making a swing at someone like Nick Yorke.

My thought is is Anthony, Teel, Yorke and Yoeilin Cespedes, as the wild card to win the deal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

There is zero chance of getting a package that includes Basallo and Mayo. 

Oh, it’s you again.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I still think you could get something like Basallo, Beavers, McDermott or Povich, Bright, Stowers, and a DSL lottery ticket or 2 for Crochet and Brebbia.

Hey guy, he’s talking about Boston.

15 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Yep … ? 

So do you think the Sox could get Mayo and Holliday and Rutschman and Santander and a couple of throw-ins?

32 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

You're crazy. Povich, Bright, Stowers, and DSL lottery ticket gets you laughed out of the room.

BTW - how's Cy Bradish doing this season? 

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I still think you could get something like Mayo, Adly, Santander, Burns, Basallo, Beavers, McDermott or Povich, Bright, Stowers, and a DSL lottery ticket or 2 for Banks and Moncada.

We’ll think real hard on that one and get back to ya.

Edited by hi8is
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You're crazy. Povich, Bright, Stowers, and DSL lottery ticket gets you laughed out of the room.

BTW - how's Cy Bradish doing this season? 

You missed Basallo or was it intentional? 

WTF does Bradish have to do with this?

38 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Well ..I think your an amazing person whom I admire.

Why thank you. What a kind thing to say. I don’t think it’s necessarily warranted but you can keep singing my praises. Don’t mind.

Really though, your trade proposals are a little heavy. I don’t think we’d get back as much as you’re presenting…

Again though, it’s flattering you think so highly of us Soxtalk members and our players.

Stay as long as you’d like and keep coming back, we all really love the value you bring.

Toodles.