Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If he includes all three to LAD he better be getting their entire top 10, or maybe sub in a couple of recent grad like Pages/Stone/Miller

I can't imagine he would want to to that, unless, like you said, the Dodgers are sending over their top ten, or their scouting departments. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

lol why would the White Sox prefer to package them both? Thats a dumb post from a Dodgers account.

That's what I would hope, but if so, it can't be for a discount of what each of the three of them would get on their own.  Each of Robert and Crochet has to hurt individually.  If together, it has to hurt twice as much.  Kind of like a Presidential debate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's what I would hope, but if so, it can't be for a discount of what each of the three of them would get on their own.  Each of Robert and Crochet has to hurt individually.  If together, it has to hurt twice as much.  Kind of like a Presidential debate.

Exactly. It should cost a lot. Difficult to see one team wanting to give up what it would even take to get both. It would hurt.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or they include Benintendi in it and drive down the return.  I know his stock is down, but I’m sure Bobby Miller is a dream acquisition for the Sox.

26 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Something like Basallo, Norby, Beavers and a tiny sweetener for Crochet and a reliever makes sense for both teams imo. 

@Rolle Tide said that’s way too light and we’d also be getting Adley.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Something like Basallo, Norby, Beavers and a tiny sweetener for Crochet and a reliever makes sense for both teams imo. 

I would be perfectly fine with that return.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

Or they include Benintendi in it and drive down the return.  I know his stock is down, but I’m sure Bobby Miller is a dream acquisition for the Sox.

STOP SAYING THAT THERE ARE SPIES EVERYWHERE!!!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

There is zero chance of getting a package that includes Basallo and Mayo. 

I wouldn't say zero, Sox might have to add Fedde in to get a return like that.  Baltimore have more young studs on the IF than they have positions to play, something has to give there for Baltimore. 

Oh, is this guy one of the O's fan infiltrators? 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
Question

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't think Orioles bite on that. I compare Crochet to Sale and Q trades. Sale/Q had more surplus value but still just netted 2 top 100s and some throw ins. The top piece was a bat but the 2nd top piece was an arm (which comes with more risk than a bat). If I'm Elias, I'm also asking for Kopech in that deal. If I'm Getz, I'd do Basallo, Norby, Beavers, an arm (De Leon/Baumeister/Armbruester) for Crochet and Kopech.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't think Orioles bite on that. I compare Crochet to Sale and Q trades. Sale/Q had more surplus value but still just netted 2 top 100s and some throw ins. The top piece was a bat but the 2nd top piece was an arm (which comes with more risk than a bat). If I'm Elias, I'm also asking for Kopech in that deal. If I'm Getz, I'd do Basallo, Norby, Beavers, an arm (De Leon/Baumeister/Armbruester) for Crochet and Kopech.

The Sale deal got the #1 or #2 prospect in the game as the headliner.  Any deal which doesn't have Holilday in it, starts at a lesser point than the Sale trade.  Kopech was also a top 20 prospect in the game at the time of that deal.  In other words to match that a deal would have to start with Holliday and Basallo or Holliday and Mayo to match that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sale deal got the #1 or #2 prospect in the game as the headliner.  Any deal which doesn't have Holilday in it, starts at a lesser point than the Sale trade.  Kopech was also a top 20 prospect in the game at the time of that deal.  In other words to match that a deal would have to start with Holliday and Basallo or Holliday and Mayo to match that. 

And Eloy was #7 when the Sox got him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Isn't Basallo gonna end up at 1B?

3. Samuel Basallo
C

Ht: 6'3" | Wt: 180 | B-T: L-R

BA Grade: 65/High

Track Record: Basallo was an early, significant investment in the Orioles’ return to the international scouting market. His $1.3 million bonus in January 2021 was a club record, and he has been at the forefront of their international program ever since. Basallo made his full-season debut in 2023 at Low-A Delmarva, hitting 12 home runs with an .887 OPS as an 18-year-old to earn Carolina League MVP honors. He destroyed the High-A South Atlantic League, hitting eight home runs with a 1.131 OPS in 27 games before ending the season with a week at Double-A Bowie.

Scouting Report: Recent Orioles international signees haven’t fared well in transitioning to full-season ball, but Basallo was carried by improved plate discipline and advanced bat-to-ball skills for a slugger. He hits with a quiet but strong lower half and generates impressive bat speed, with his adjustability and pitch recognition giving him the potential to be at least an average hitter with double-plus power capabilities as he further adds strength and learns which pitches he can drive. Behind the plate, Basallo moves well for someone his size and is improving his actions and receiving as he climbs through the minors. His best trait behind the plate is a plus-plus arm with above-average accuracy, allowing him to control the running game. He may ultimately fall short of his fringe-average ceiling behind the plate, though he should be able to play there a few times a week, with his bat keeping him in the lineup elsewhere on days he’s not catching.

The Future: Basallo has the skills to be a standout two-way catcher, with the potential to be an all-star for his bat in his peak offensive seasons. He’ll be back at Double-A Bowie at age 19 to begin 2024, and will likely spend the season in the high minors before pushing for major league time in 2025.

Scouting Grades Hit: 55 | Power: 70 | Run: 40 | Field: 45 | Arm: 70

Via BA.

Edited by DirtySox