Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sale deal got the #1 or #2 prospect in the game as the headliner.  Any deal which doesn't have Holilday in it, starts at a lesser point than the Sale trade.  Kopech was also a top 20 prospect in the game at the time of that deal.  In other words to match that a deal would have to start with Holliday and Basallo or Holliday and Mayo to match that. 

That's my point, yes Moncada was worth more than Basallo, but Sale was worth more than Crochet. Moncada:Sale = Bosallo:Crochet.

I didn't think Kopech was that high yet but sounds like he was.

14 hours ago, fathom said:

Or they include Benintendi in it and drive down the return.  I know his stock is down, but I’m sure Bobby Miller is a dream acquisition for the Sox.

I’d rather just eat Benintendi for three years than drive down the return. Sox have to knock any trade of Crochet, Robert or Fedde if not out of the park, at least into the gap

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:56 PM, striker said:

That's my point, yes Moncada was worth more than Basallo, but Sale was worth more than Crochet. Moncada:Sale = Bosallo:Crochet.

I didn't think Kopech was that high yet but sounds like he was.

Around #11-15ish overall.

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

Lux with a homer and double the last two games. Wouldn’t be against him included in a trade package.

He's got the same 2 year timeline as players we're dumping.

I'm starting to talk myself onto Outman (as a piece; not the key piece); he has always hit, until this year.  Maybe he's washed; but maybe it's a buy low.  Either way, he does play a good CF, and I'm of the mind that in this era of everyone trying to hit fly balls, that OF defense is absolutely critical.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Except can he really play SS?

Betts was moved there instead…before the injury.

At this point, it wouldn’t be like he’s a headlining player in a trade, but if he got a shot to play everyday at SS for two months, he might be a guy we can flip in the offseason and give Montgomery a little more time in the minors. 

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

At this point, it wouldn’t be like he’s a headlining player in a trade, but if he got a shot to play everyday at SS for two months, he might be a guy we can flip in the offseason and give Montgomery a little more time in the minors. 

If the Sox clean house, I can see them taking viable players for the 2025 back. Not as headliners, of course, but a reliever or somebody's SS who is squeezed out as a 4th piece. Do the same thing as this year, just with better players. Then flip everybody at the deadline, again. 

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

He has like 2 years of control left. Why would he serve any purpose to the Sox?

Yeah, last thing they need is to get a crappy 2nd baseman with little control.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, flavum said:

Id rather have another 45 prospect. Lux is dookie

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

If the Sox clean house, I can see them taking viable players for the 2025 back. Not as headliners, of course, but a reliever or somebody's SS who is squeezed out as a 4th piece. Do the same thing as this year, just with better players. Then flip everybody at the deadline, again. 

Trade for Arozarena?

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

If you think it's a s%*# show around here now if  imagine if the Sox did what you just said.

Posters once again have their hopes too high for the trades.The other GMs know that Reinsdorf has lost his mind. The only reason he hasn't been declared mentally incompetent is that he still is in a position of power.

People here still make fun of getting Steven Wilson as part of the trade for Cease . Imagine if the Sox got a bunch of guys like Outman and Lux . One guy who could be a 1 year wonder but with loud tools and 27 years old and another guy always injured who never reached his potential and can't field but is better than dumpster diving maybe.

Getz is in a no win situation. Fans are expecting big things to happen out of nowhere .

Whatever Getz does he's really just a better paid lackey now. He has no real power to make sweeping franchise altering changes. His job is to preserve the status quo and take the heat.

The sadder and angrier Sox fans get the more desperate they become for miracle trades. This franchise is doomed for the foreseeable future.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you think it's a s%*# show around here now if  imagine if the Sox did what you just said.

Posters once again have their hopes too high for the trades.The other GMs know that Reinsdorf has lost his mind. The only reason he hasn't been declared mentally incompetent is that he still is in a position of power.

People here still make fun of getting Steven Wilson as part of the trade for Cease . Imagine if the Sox got a bunch of guys like Outman and Lux . One guy who could be a 1 year wonder but with loud tools and 27 years old and another guy always injured who never reached his potential and can't field but is better than dumpster diving maybe.

Getz is in a no win situation. Fans are expecting big things to happen out of nowhere .

Whatever Getz does he's really just a better paid lackey now. He has no real power to make sweeping franchise altering changes. His job is to preserve the status quo and take the heat.

The sadder and angrier Sox fans get the more desperate they become for miracle trades. This franchise is doomed for the foreseeable future.

I can't think of any White Sox executive who has ever had that authority myself, maybe Roland Hemond for awhile and certainly Hawk.

I completely agree with the second bolded statement of yours. This franchise is D.O.A. until new ownership arrives. 

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I can't think of any White Sox executive who has ever had that authority myself, maybe Roland Hemond for awhile and certainly Hawk.

I completely agree with the second bolded statement of yours. This franchise is D.O.A. until new ownership arrives. 

Do you think Himes was fired because he was one guy willing to disagree vehemently with JR ?

JR should've been declared mentally unfit once he hired LaRussa.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jazz

Robert Jr.

Rooker

Winker

Arozarena

Lane Thomas

Pham Pillar Andujar T.Ward Bellinger IL Gallo IL Tauchman IL

It’s pretty much Chisholm OR Robert for playoff contenders

I don’t see how the Mariners don’t ultimately trade for Robert.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Trade for Arozarena?

Well, he's a LF, and I don't think Benintendi's going anywhere. I go back and forth between Sheets and Vaughn being gone, and both making the OD roster next year.