Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see how the Mariners don’t ultimately trade for Robert.

Alot of people seem to be overlooking them a bit.  They are buyers. Looking for an of help.  Bleacher Report  just ranked them the best farm system post draft.  And we're pretty high before the draft.  Very well could be a match up for Robert.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Alot of people seem to be overlooking them a bit.  They are buyers. Looking for an of help.  Bleacher Report  just ranked them the best farm system post draft.  And we're pretty high before the draft.  Very well could be a match up for Robert.

I think Getz is gonna ask for more than even the Mariners would be willing to give up. I have always felt that the M’s and Randy Arozarena are the perfect match and he shouldn’t cost as much as Robert would. For me it’s the Phillies or potentially a package deal of Robert and Crochet to the O’s for a massive haul including Coby Mayo and Heston Kjerstad 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t see how the Mariners don’t ultimately trade for Robert.

I wonder if they already missed their window.  They might actually be in full collapse. 

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if they already missed their window.  They might actually be in full collapse. 

Maybe, but they are still tied for the division lead and are only 2.5 games out of the Wild Card.  I can’t see them wasting a year of this pitching staff when they have a loaded farm system they can tap into to get offensive reinforcements.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe, but they are still tied for the division lead and are only 2.5 games out of the Wild Card.  I can’t see them wasting a year of this pitching staff when they have a loaded farm system they can tap into to get offensive reinforcements.

Come on JeDi! Do your thing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Well, he's a LF, and I don't think Benintendi's going anywhere. I go back and forth between Sheets and Vaughn being gone, and both making the OD roster next year. 

At least one of them needs to go. Benintendi would be first choice.  They can’t lay it all on Eloy, Moncada, and Anderson.  Shake things up.  Don’t general manage like Pedro manages. 

As for Robert, again, the Mariners lead the league in strikeouts. On the front office show on the radio yesterday, their general manager said their biggest problem was too many strikeouts. Robert doesn’t help them there.

getting a player who can immediately play back in a trade is probably a good idea for an extra piece. But not a player on a short term contract. Outman from the Dodgers would be fine. If you make a trade with the Phillies, taking back, their centerfielder would be fine.

Edited by GreenSox

I don't think that the Sox are going to move Robert this summer (maybe moreso hoping they won't at this point).  They have too much control to sell low.  I understand the injury risk, but they control him 3.5 more seasons.  I feel like they can get the same for him in the winter following the 2025 season than they could right now.  Its a shame he's been fairly meh this season. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think that the Sox are going to move Robert this summer (maybe moreso hoping they won't at this point).  They have too much control to sell low.  I understand the injury risk, but they control him 3.5 more seasons.  I feel like they can get the same for him in the winter following the 2025 season than they could right now.  Its a shame he's been fairly meh this season. 

I think he’s gone before the deadline.  We have seen a pretty big change in the way teams value prospects and I feel like it takes both a legit playoff race and the limited supply that comes with the trade deadline to get many GMs to go outside their comfort zone.  Right now, there are a ton of potential buyers and very few sellers that potentially creates a very favorable environment to move Robert.  And I’m not sure that the buyer pool will be radically different come this offseason, but the sense of urgency to trade a ton of prospects for Robert could very well be less.  I think you sell now if you can get 90% of fair value.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

At least one of them needs to go. Benintendi would be first choice.  They can’t lay it all on Eloy, Moncada, and Anderson.  Shake things up.  Don’t general manage like Pedro manages. 

As for Robert, again, the Mariners lead the league in strikeouts. On the front office show on the radio yesterday, their general manager said their biggest problem was too many strikeouts. Robert doesn’t help them there.

getting a player who can immediately play back in a trade is probably a good idea for an extra piece. But not a player on a short term contract. Outman from the Dodgers would be fine. If you make a trade with the Phillies, taking back, their centerfielder would be fine.

Their CF is terrible.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think he’s gone before the deadline.  We have seen a pretty big change in the way teams value prospects and I feel like it takes both a legit playoff race and the limited supply that comes with the trade deadline to get many GMs to go outside their comfort zone.  Right now, there are a ton of potential buyers and very few sellers that potentially creates a very favorable environment to move Robert.  And I’m not sure that the buyer pool will be radically different come this offseason, but the sense of urgency to trade a ton of prospects for Robert could very well be less.  I think you sell now if you can get 90% of fair value.

Plus more teams will join the sellers list in the next two weeks.

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Plus I think Getz will jsut take whatever the best offer is to have him gone and assume no risk.. Similar to what I believe he did for Cease

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Plus I think Getz will jsut take whatever the best offer is to have him gone and assume no risk.. Similar to what I believe he did for Cease

Yeah, I kinda feel like they want to move on from the last core ASAP.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I haven't seen anything to tell me that Getz has the stones to wait out a proper deal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I haven't seen anything to tell me that Getz has the stones to wait out a proper deal.

Agreed. I totally think they knew internally Cease was gone by opening day and just took the best offer they had.

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We’re eight days from the deadline…I’m sure a few more will enter but a few bubble teams seem to be leaning towards buying now.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Agreed. I totally think they knew internally Cease was gone by opening day and just took the best offer they had.

And then crazy amount of pointless roster churning this year, and losing players in the process for nothing is another strike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Really? I don’t feel this way at all. They’ll kill these trades or they won’t make them in my opinion. They didn’t want to incur the risk on keeping Cease but that was a good deal and by far their best offer. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I believe he did this with Cease already so I don’t see why not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Really? I don’t feel this way at all. They’ll kill these trades or they won’t make them in my opinion. They didn’t want to incur the risk on keeping Cease but that was a good deal and by far their best offer. 

I believe he did this with Cease already so I don’t see why not. 

For Crochet specifically, I see the risk WAY higher than was on Cease.

I think the teams that line up the best are:

SEA for Robert. Emerson, Montes, and maybe Peete and Morales. 

BAL for Crochet. Basallo, Norby, and Fabian. 

MIL for Fedde. Pratt and Letson. 

I think Kopech to PHI makes a lot of sense too. Maybe Rincones. 

Of course I doubt all that happens though. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yea I don’t think Sox move Robert until the winter. I think Crochet is gone before next Tuesday though. 

Crochet is not Cease and they need to not approach trading him like Cease. You either get a haul or you just shut him down and wait until the offseason.

The risk for Cease was pitching 150 innings for you and getting hurt in one of them and/or not pitching like anything other than a 4th starter. The risk with Garrett is like probably 30 innings rest of year and unless he gets hurt with his stuff there's no way he's going to pitch as anything other than a TOR guy.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For Crochet specifically, I see the risk WAY higher than was on Cease.

Oh see I don’t. There was risk that Cease wouldn’t pitch well. Crochet is healthy and awesome. I don’t really see much risk with him outside of the innings load, shutdown etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Oh see I don’t. There was risk that Cease wouldn’t pitch well. Crochet is healthy and awesome. I don’t really see much risk with him outside of the innings load, shutdown etc. 

Conditioning and a long injury history are major concerns for Crochet.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Conditioning and a long injury history are major concerns for Crochet.

He looks to be in great shape to me.

• Thanks 2