Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

34 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Jeez, the narrative was that GMs are waiting for the draft to be over until they pivot to the TDL. Will everything hold off until all the picks are signed? So we might really be looking at a 4-5 day TDL period. 

I guess that will be an exciting 4-5 days. 

I think that the buyers are waiting for the supply to increase.
The sellers are waiting for the offers to improve.

• Like 1

One rising Dodgers prospect that we could really use is Alex Freeland.  He's a SS,  #12 on the MLB.com list, but he just entered BA's top 100.  These lists are always moving.  He's cut his Ks, which was his big flaw, way down this season.
Dodgersnation is a pretty good listen, and their prospect guy was just glowing about him.  
I'd prefer guys like him over the stagnant players. I just hope that Getz doesn't do what Hahn did and rely on mlb.com (or any ranking really) to make these trades.

Edited by GreenSox

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

One rising Dodgers prospect that we could really use is Alex Freeland.  He's a SS,  #12 on the MLB.com list, but he just entered BA's top 100.  These lists are always moving.  He's cut his Ks, which was his big flaw, way down this season.
Dodgersnation is a pretty good listen, and their prospect guy was just glowing about him.  
I'd prefer guys like him over the stagnant players. I just hope that Getz doesn't do what Hahn did and rely on mlb.com (or any ranking really) to make these trades.

He’s solid but too low ceiling for me. Seems like a guy the dodgers maxed out with their pixie dust.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The Rushing scouting report is terrifying.  Hell no to him being the headliner.

Dodgers prioritizing Crochet scares me. I have no faith in Getz to not f*** up that return.   

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The Rushing scouting report is terrifying.  Hell no to him being the headliner.

For me, he’s a 1b. Maybe an occasional catcher. Kinda giving Michael Busch vibes. Not sure that headlines for anyone but Fedde.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

For me, he’s a 1b. Maybe an occasional catcher. Kinda giving Michael Busch vibes. Not sure that headlines for anyone but Fedde.

Yep, but Busch was a way better hitter.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, but Busch was a way better hitter.

He’s a 2.5 WAR guy.  I can see not wanting him because he is a bit older (26) than whom the Sox should be targeting and his defense is poor but he puts Andrew Vaughn to shame.

I don’t mind the Dodgers - Crochet  for Ryan River, Jackson Ferris, Depaula, and Rushing. Maybe add Kopech or a reliever - If you do add an Outman or one of guys I listed below). Quality and quantity but lacking the sure fire top 25 guy. Also balancing guys near major league ready with a couple pretty young guys. 

I don’t love Rushing - but he has some power tools. Other names I like in Dodgers system are Kyle Hurt (maybe Bannister can get him to be a starter - worse case he’s a quality cost controlled power arm in the pen). Vargas and Freeland are also intriguing. Vargas super raw but toolsy - kind of like Depaula. 

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t mind the Dodgers - Crochet  for Ryan River, Jackson Ferris, Depaula, and Rushing. Maybe add Kopech or a reliever - If you do add an Outman or one of guys I listed below). Quality and quantity but lacking the sure fire top 25 guy. Also balancing guys near major league ready with a couple pretty young guys. 

I don’t love Rushing - but he has some power tools. Other names I like in Dodgers system are Kyle Hurt (maybe Bannister can get him to be a starter - worse case he’s a quality cost controlled power arm in the pen). Vargas and Freeland are also intriguing. Vargas super raw but toolsy - kind of like Depaula. 

Than trade Robert to Phillies for Painter, Crawford, and Caba. Fine if Miller is in and my ideal would have been Painter, Crawford and Miller but Robert has played himself to me hoping we get 2 of the 3 plus a solid third prospect. 

Trade Fedde for one of Orioles top 50 positional prospect - looking at Orioles - who outbid rival Yankees and Red Sox. Pirates also make a play. 

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nick Ahmed to LAD basically pushes DeJong out of the picture.

Ahmed’s competition is probably Little Nicky, not DeJong.  They would dump Ahmed to improve to DeJong, especially because it wouldn’t cost much.

Edited by WhiteSox2023