Dodgers interested in Robert, Crochet, Pham

50 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Wake me up when you get anywhere near the #9 and #15 prospect in baseball.

Wake me up when you make a worthwhile statement. Btw, you’re = you are… as in you’re welcome 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

If the Sox can't a haul for Crochet and Robert they can hold off on moving them.

I feel pretty confident Pham, DeJong, and Fedde get traded

Yeah, those 3 for sure. Probably Lopez as a bench piece for someone. Brebbia probably. Those 5 feel like locks.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah, those 3 for sure. Probably Lopez as a bench piece for someone. Brebbia probably. Those 5 feel like locks.

I think Kopech is pretty much a lock to go as well. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think Kopech is pretty much a lock to go as well. 

Forgot him. I originally was just going to lump him, Brebbia and probably Banks too under “and probably some relievers.”

Edit: would be great if a team also has like what they have seem out of Soroka from the pen.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Forgot him. I originally was just going to lump him, Brebbia and probably Banks too under “and probably some relievers.”

Edit: would be great if a team also has like what they have seem out of Soroka from the pen.

Hahahaha,,, no way on that last one. 

Even Steven Wilson more likely. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hahahaha,,, no way on that last one. 

Even Steven Wilson more likely. 

I’m not saying he’d go for something great. Be more like a low end bullpen piece for a team. Hes going to be a free agent anyway, might as well see him he can be dealt.

Wilson, with his control and struggles, I doubt is moved. I would probably make him closer though when Kopech is gone.

25 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think that would all ride on how sore his shoulder is vs how hurt his shoulder is.  If he's hurt, he's not going anywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Well, that's good because Rushing isn't gonna be a catch if he ever makes it to the majors. He's pretty atrocious back there.

Yeah, if he is a guy who could profile as a true historic 1B, I am still interested.   We don't have one arriving for YEARS, at least.

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think that would all ride on how sore his shoulder is vs how hurt his shoulder is.  If he's hurt, he's not going anywhere.

The trouble is that there's nothing exceptional about Rushing as a 1B; if he hits like he as a catcher, yes, but as a 1B, no.

The Dodgers are the beggars; Sox are the choosers.  Or should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GreenSox said:

The trouble is that there's nothing exceptional about Rushing as a 1B; if he hits like he as a catcher, yes, but as a 1B, no.

The Dodgers are the beggars; Sox are the choosers.  Or should be.

If he is even a decent 1B that's better than anyone currently in our system between now and 2028 at the soonest.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he is even a decent 1B that's better than anyone currently in our system between now and 2028 at the soonest.

That's true, but we really don't have a SS or CF or any OF either.  Montgomery's likely going to move from what I've read.   Even if he stays, he's just one guy. We're mostly pitchers.
It's hard to see the greatness of the Dodgers system,  especially if you are looking for positional players.  There are probably some lower ranked international guys who can really play; I don't know that the Sox have the resources to evaluate those guys.

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

That's true, but we really don't have a SS or CF or any OF either.  Montgomery's likely going to move from what I've read.   Even if he stays, he's just one guy. We're mostly pitchers.
It's hard to see the greatness of the Dodgers system,  especially if you are looking for positional players.  There are probably some lower ranked international guys who can really play; I don't know that the Sox have the resources to evaluate those guys.

I could be on board for a Pages, Rushing, DePaula, Emil Morales type of deal 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Is it just me or are there very few actual rumors floating around? Maybe with so many teams confused about what they need to do you're going to see a flurry in the last few days but little before.

The draft is fucking up the trade deadline is the conventional wisdom. 

• Like 1

It sucks the Dodgers I think will end up being the most desperate team but their farm and what they have to offer just isn’t enough to swing a good package for either Robert or Crochet. Ideally if we move either I hope it’s with these teams for each…..

Crochet- Boston, Baltimore

Robert- Seattle, Philly

Fedde should fetch something pretty nice too.

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

As for Robert Jr., the word is that the White Sox want a major league ready pitcher and a few position player prospects in return, which was described by one source, as "a lesser package than what the Yankees gave up for Soto." Back in December, the Yankees sent a plethora of pitchers to the San Diego Padres for Soto, shipping out reliever turned starter Michael King, top pitching prospect Drew Thorpe, depth hurlers Jhony Brito and Randy Vazquez, and backup catcher Kyle Higashioka.