Brooks Baldwin called up

3 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

I’m going to the game Tuesday night in Texas. Totally expecting a Nicky/Dejong MIF pairing just to piss me off. 

Beauty is Baldwin can play anywhere on the diamond except catcher. Plus, he caught his first 3 years of high school.  I think they give him at bats.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Schriff is picking Brooks up at the KC Airport , he is holding up a sign "Brooks Baldwin Stand Up"

Doesn't she work for CNN/Headline News? 

I said Jacob Gonzalez was too early to AA.  Has since cooled off quite dramatically. 

This move seems even more ill-advised.   Not nearly enough AAA time. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I said Jacob Gonzalez was too early to AA.  Has since cooled off quite dramatically. 

It was Brook Baldwin and she left a few years ago at CNN.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You hate Brooks Baldwin, so I'm not surprised. 

Just now, GreenSox said:

Has Getz has “that talk” With Pedro:  that he will have to bench his “.300 hitter,” Nicky Lopez?

Fairly confident that Nicky will be at 2B tomorrow and Baldwin “taking it all in” as Pedro says from the bench. 

• Haha 1

If things break right for Brooks, I think the sox are looking at a Tommy Edman like player. Which would be an awesome get for this franchise from the 12th round. A compitent bat with average to slightly above average defense you can plug anywhere on the diamond good for 2-3 fWAR a year on average with break out potential.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Baldwin last night had 2 big chances to get the Sox back in the game with 2 runners on base and struck out both times, I don’t think the kid is ready, why rush him in a season that’s a complete disaster.

As someone who never saw him in the minor leagues, it’s jarring to see how thin he looks.  Hopefully he’s able to put on some muscle.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Baldwin last night had 2 big chances to get the Sox back in the game with 2 runners on base and struck out both times, I don’t think the kid is ready, why rush him in a season that’s a complete disaster.

Counterpoint: Isn’t it better to have guys take their lumps now when these games are basically exhibition games for the Sox? The adjustment to mlb pitching has never been harder. A lot of really good prospects really struggle for their first half a season. Both Jacksons, Holliday and Churio, have both gotten their asses kicked at times. I would rather see Baldwin, Quero, Montgomery, maybe even Ramos take their lumps with an offseason to work on stuff than get thrown out in 2025 so the Sox are guaranteed to lose another 120 games.

Also, I will point out it was one game.

• Like 5