7/19 Games

10 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=07/19/2024

https://www.milb.com/scores/all/all/whitesox

Everybody playing. Iriarte for bham.  I’m ready for some trades. 

I think you'll see a number of trades. My guess is guys like maldy, shame, dejong were told they would be traded or released before the deadline to try to get on playoffs teams. That's why they agreed to play here.

Welcome back folks.

Wolkow has a strikeout in his first AB. Then smashes a 3 RBI double off the RF wall. Just missed a grand salami. Also adds his first stolen base by swiping 3rd.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

ICYMI, Wolkow is no longer the tallest player on the Kannapolis roster.

22yo RHP Carson Jacobs (2023 UDFA) joined the team just before the break, and he's 6'9" (nice).

Threw two hitless/scoreless innings tonight, 4K and 1BB.

Batista was effective despite a rare 0 strikeout game. Still a QS (6IP, 2ER, 4H, 1BB).

Wolkow finished 2-4 with a double, BB, K, and 4 RBI.

Nishida 1-4 with a BB and 2K. Nishida has played 83 games, and this is just his 10th with more than 1K (he has 14 games with multiple walks, and 27 with multiple hits).

20yo CF Alvaro Aguero looks surprisingly comfortable in his first stint on a full season affiliate. 1-4 today, .393/.433/.464 with 4SB through 8 games (28 AB)  so far, and he made a really excellent catch + assist for an inning ending DP.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I know we like to talk about Wolkow and his strikeouts, but he seems very selective at the plate. He takes his pitches. It's very refreshing. He walked in his 3rd PA.

That’s fine. Stay disciplined in the approach, even when the results aren’t there.  He doesn’t need the Moncada treatment and start getting a beat-down because of taking called third strikes.  He’s got plenty of time to fine-tune his batting eye.