MLB Reminds White Sox That Games Televised...

Quin

CHICAGO—With the franchise on track to have what may be the single worst season in the modern history of the sport, Major League Baseball sought to remind the Chicago White Sox on Friday that the team’s games were televised. “Based on the way you’re playing, we just wanted to make sure you understand that there are people watching you—that pretty much anyone can go on TV and see what you’re doing on the field,” said MLB commissioner Rob Manfred.

The full story

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Remember that's what greg has been preaching MLB commish should do. Reprimand the Sox, fine the Sox, and yes, contract the Sox. With no plans on improving for at least two more seasons, put this franchise out of its misery. Frankly it doesn't deserve to continue on (yes I realize the story is fake, but it actually shouldn't be fake; Manfred should publicly humiliate or fine the White Sox), Peace out.

When I saw it was The Onion, I assumed it was a joke. What isn't a joke is that the Sox can't go on this way. The FO has to do something to improve the team in the off season. I don't expect them to be turned into a contender, but something has to be done. Saying the rebuild is going to take a long time doesn't cut it. You can't have a third straight 100-loss season. 

1 hour ago, Highland said:

When I saw it was The Onion, I assumed it was a joke. What isn't a joke is that the Sox can't go on this way. The FO has to do something to improve the team in the off season. I don't expect them to be turned into a contender, but something has to be done. Saying the rebuild is going to take a long time doesn't cut it. You can't have a third straight 100-loss season. 

Never put anything past this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization led by an ossified 88 year old owner. 

1 hour ago, Highland said:

I would bet the mortgage on a 3rd straight, and give decent odds on a 4th one.  I don't see a realistic scenario where 2025 isn't a 100 loss season.

• Paper Bag 1

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would bet the mortgage on a 3rd straight, and give decent odds on a 4th one.  I don't see a realistic scenario where 2025 isn't a 100 loss season.

If Crochet and Robert are gone there's not a chance we win more than 60. Next year is looking like another 110+ loss season unless they do something crazy in FA, which they aren't going to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

If Crochet and Robert are gone there's not a chance we win more than 60. Next year is looking like another 110+ loss season unless they do something crazy in FA, which they aren't going to do. 

Yeah, that's why I gave the "realistic" caveat.  Sure we could go get Alonso and Soto in free agency, but are we?  Nah.