Sox @ Royals, 7:10 pm, Flexen v. Wacha - Battle of the Union Stations

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

I have three kids that I’ve raised as Sox fans and I don’t think they’ve watched more than three innings of a game all season. The last few years has completely destroyed this fan base, and it’s just going to get worse.

Dude agreed. I mean Im as diehard as they can be and never turned off a game. This year I've turned them off and not watched. I want half these ass clowns gone. I can't fucking stand Eloy

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Dude agreed. I mean Im as diehard as they can be and never turned off a game. This year I've turned them off and not watched. I want half these ass clowns gone. I can't fucking stand Eloy

And now cause the rest of the team sucks, they have to trade their two marquee talents in ten days.

Boy that was a pathetic outing. Had we fired Pedro at the break, maybe the Sox had a 'chance' to get fired up and win a few games for 10 days or so. Instead we get boatraced and if the Royals are smart they'll go ahead and sweep the Sox to stay in the WC race. I think we're 1-8 vs KC maybe.

Not meaning to rip, but is Baldwin any good? I see he was like a 12th round pick or so which doesn't signal greatness to me. Congrats to him for getting a hit.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I have three kids that I’ve raised as Sox fans and I don’t think they’ve watched more than three innings of a game all season. The last few years has completely destroyed this fan base, and it’s just going to get worse.

Proud of you for doing something more productive with the kids than watching this crud. People don't believe us, but this has an effect on the future. You've got lifers like me and a few of my Chicago friends who tell me they also long ago stopped following the team (I just started not paying for mlb this season; it's my first) and you've got little kids not being subjected to all this losing. Chances are they will not be fans going forward. Add to that the ruination of baseball by analytics and things are quite depressing for some of us. Those who don't mind tanking, and those who actually enjoy tanking and the unknown prospects that will be coming aboard, however, are in nirvana.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’ve been a Sox fan since 1952 and I never thought that I would see such a pathetic display of baseball, this is worse than hell. I’ve seen some bad Sox teams like 1970, the late 80s and the last rebuild but this is beyond what I can describe with words.

It's cause the Sox always had a couple stars even in their darkest days (prior to last few years here; the previous dark days) worth paying attending to/enjoying (Melton, Pete Ward, Peters/Horlen, Walt Williams, Zisk, Fisk, Aparicio, Wood, Hoyt et. all). True the Sox have two stars in Robert and Crochet but they don't really count cause they are soon to depart.

Edited by greg775

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Boy that was a pathetic outing. Had we fired Pedro at the break, maybe the Sox had a 'chance' to get fired up and win a few games for 10 days or so. Instead we get boatraced and if the Royals are smart they'll go ahead and sweep the Sox to stay in the WC race. I think we're 1-8 vs KC maybe.

Not meaning to rip, but is Baldwin any good? I see he was like a 12th round pick or so which doesn't signal greatness to me. Congrats to him for getting a hit.

Wasn't Mark Buehrle a low draft pick as well? He turned out pretty good 

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nick Senzel was the second overall pick by the Reds a few years back.  Draft status doesn't always line up