Crochet "top" priority for LAD

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

2) Putting down the batting order once at the beginning of the game isn't "meaningless". Those 6-9 outs are just as valuable early as they are late. 

I truly respect your long post. That said it's ridiculous IMO. Do you know how many games the Sox have led by two runs this year? Tons! The first two innings are yawnsville, baby. I do love your post though. thanx for the post trying to educate me a bit.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

All of this is a "could be"

1. Injury history

2. Only half year as a starter.

This will make GMs hesitate. Rightfully so.

Exactly, ptatc! Messing with this guy's routine is a recipe for disaster for them. GMs should wait til offseason to acquire this guy. One thing the Sox appear to be doing is helping him stay healthy this season. If he cruises in with the runaway winner down the stretch then hits it hard in the postseason for LAD, good luck.

Next up is Baltimore with the probably overly exaggerated  interest. I'm going to guess it's not going to be the Dodgers or Baltimore. Happens every trade deadline with us no matter the player. 

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I truly respect your long post. That said it's ridiculous IMO. Do you know how many games the Sox have led by two runs this year? Tons! The first two innings are yawnsville, baby. I do love your post though. thanx for the post trying to educate me a bit.

Wait, are you comparing the Dodgers to the White Sox? One will probably play in the NLCS, the other is trying to not set the all time loss record. 

And the first few innings of Crochet's games are yawnsville because he doesn't allow a lot of excitement for the opposing offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Wait, are you comparing the Dodgers to the White Sox? One will probably play in the NLCS, the other is trying to not set the all time loss record. 

And the first few innings of Crochet's games are yawnsville because he doesn't allow a lot of excitement for the opposing offense. 

Haaaaaaaave you met greg?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, ptatc said:

All of this is a "could be"

1. Injury history

2. Only half year as a starter.

This will make GMs hesitate. Rightfully so.

My response was to Greg's original post basically talking about Dodger fans want to "win now" and they aren't like Sox fans or the Sox organization.

I was trying to explain how the Dodgers are IN the playoffs, they can get Crochet, use him sparingly and have him ready to go in October when it counts.

They can do this because they have a big divisional lead and aren't under the pressure of having to force someone because they are in a divisional race. If they want especially with three of their starters returning, they can use him an inning or two at a time every five days, have him throw on the side and be ready to give them five innings in the post season.

THEN they could have themselves another top of the rotation starter with more time past TJ for another two years.

Let's put it this way I have more faith in the Dodgers medical, training and conditioning staffs being able to work with him and work him through this than the dysfunctional White Sox people. 

48 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My response was to Greg's original post basically talking about Dodger fans want to "win now" and they aren't like Sox fans or the Sox organization.

I was trying to explain how the Dodgers are IN the playoffs, they can get Crochet, use him sparingly and have him ready to go in October when it counts.

They can do this because they have a big divisional lead and aren't under the pressure of having to force someone because they are in a divisional race. If they want especially with three of their starters returning, they can use him an inning or two at a time every five days, have him throw on the side and be ready to give them five innings in the post season.

THEN they could have themselves another top of the rotation starter with more time past TJ for another two years.

Let's put it this way I have more faith in the Dodgers medical, training and conditioning staffs being able to work with him and work him through this than the dysfunctional White Sox people. 

I totally disagree with the comment about the Sox medical staff.

I agree with the fact that the Dodgers have the luxury of handling him differently.  With the revenue the team generates they can afford to have pitchers who misses a good deal of time or miss entire seasons and just buy another one.

• Like 1