7/20 Sox @ Royals 6:10PM

If Eloy de la Cruz has an untreatable hamstring then give the man a testimonial, statue and voucher for Port au Prince. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Maybe with Cannon, it's the other way, where the third time batters see him, he knows how to pitch them, and he coasts. 

I like Cannon. he throws strikes.  If he can improve command and hit corners, he could become a 3/4.  Just keep working.  He doesn't need any grousing from Pedro.
Baldwin was probably rushed; but now that he's here, they just need to let him play and leave him alone.  Hitting major league pitching is hard for anyone.  No grousing, no sitting on the bench for extended days.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Been watching Pirates games the last two days. It’s amazing how energized that organization is.  Would love if they could get Robert Jr.

Their owner is kind of a doofus though IMO. I can't root for Pitt cause of the owner and his family business dealings.

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I like Cannon. he throws strikes.  If he can improve command and hit corners, he could become a 3/4.  Just keep working.  He doesn't need any grousing from Pedro.
Baldwin was probably rushed; but now that he's here, they just need to let him play and leave him alone.  Hitting major league pitching is hard for anyone.  No grousing, no sitting on the bench for extended days.

Ramos hit the team, sat one day, then started the next 8 games. I imagine Baldwin's up here to play, but if he's clearly overmatched, there's really no reason to watch him strike out 3 times a game for 6 weeks. Development isn't a bumper sticker slogan. Nobody's married to watching a prospect die with an .009 OPS. 

I feel Baldwin will get a fair shot, and if he's overmatched, they'll ring the bell. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I wonder if WE is still keeping track of all these 1-run losses or if only shutouts matter?

-188 run differential.  Highest in baseball.

On pace for 44 wins.

Who gives a s%*#? You'll still have run differential to pleasure yourself to. Make sure to wash your hands. 

Enough is enough, Fire Grifol today who quite possibly is the worst manager in the history of MLB, bring back Guillen who will no doubt call out some of the sorry asses on the team like Benintendi. These guys have no pride at all, show no emotion and except for some pitchers keep embarrassing themselves. It’s also time to send ILOY packing, hasn’t hit a home run since May with just about nothing but ground ball singles. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Their owner is kind of a doofus though IMO. I can't root for Pitt cause of the owner and his family business dealings.

Skenes alone is pulling a Dwight Gooden Fernandomania Fidrych rookie year.

45 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Enough is enough, Fire Grifol today who quite possibly is the worst manager in the history of MLB, bring back Guillen who will no doubt call out some of the sorry asses on the team like Benintendi. These guys have no pride at all, show no emotion and except for some pitchers keep embarrassing themselves. It’s also time to send ILOY packing, hasn’t hit a home run since May with just about nothing but ground ball singles. 

If you watch the post game it’s pretty obvious Ozzie has no interest in coming off the bench to continue piloting this plane into the side of a mountain.

it’s just rearranging deck chairs at this point.  Removing Grifol won’t make this better anymore, it’s done 

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Who gives a s%*#? You'll still have run differential to pleasure yourself to. Make sure to wash your hands. 

Your boy Getz did something that only 13 other people in MLB history have done. Build a team that only won 27 of its first 100 games. Can’t waste a year. Great hire. He knew it was the hitting coach keeping this team down last season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Ramos hit the team, sat one day, then started the next 8 games. I imagine Baldwin's up here to play, but if he's clearly overmatched, there's really no reason to watch him strike out 3 times a game for 6 weeks. Development isn't a bumper sticker slogan. Nobody's married to watching a prospect die with an .009 OPS. 

I feel Baldwin will get a fair shot, and if he's overmatched, they'll ring the bell. 

Yeah, if he’s striking out two or three times a game, he should be sent back down. But Ramos was striking out less than 20% of the time; he just needed to work on pitch recognition.  Sosa’s OPS in July was over .700, and they sent him down. Contenders have starters hitting worse than that. He rakes AAA; is he really got my to learn anything more there?
Now neither can play shortstop, which takes away some of the flexibility and is why I assume Nicky  Lopez hasn’t been released.

I’m just not sure what the overriding philosophy is.

48 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If you watch the post game it’s pretty obvious Ozzie has no interest in coming off the bench to continue piloting this plane into the side of a mountain.

it’s just rearranging deck chairs at this point.  Removing Grifol won’t make this better anymore, it’s done 

If that’s the case then bring in anyone who has to be better than this buffoon we have now. 

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

It doesn't make any sense how bad the offense has been. They could run a Spring Training squad out there and put up more runs.

It's almost like a team of David Ecksteins doesn’t work in 2024

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

If that’s the case then bring in anyone who has to be better than this buffoon we have now. 

What they should do is hire an interim manager. Then Getz would be free to conduct a real search for a replacement. But this should be Getz's decision not LaRussa's. For a change they should do something to earn credibility with the fans. Until then, there is little reason to have hope.

1 hour ago, Highland said:

What they should do is hire an interim manager. Then Getz would be free to conduct a real search for a replacement. But this should be Getz's decision not LaRussa's. For a change they should do something to earn credibility with the fans. Until then, there is little reason to have hope.

Sounds like a plan, let Bench Coach Charlie Montoyo take over on an interim basis, he managed the Blue Jays for 4 years and has the experience and it wouldn’t cost poor JR that much plus Luis Robert might finally figure out who Montoyo is.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

• Quin locked this topic