Cardinals Have Strong Interest in Fedde

5 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Nice article offering an overview of the Cards' system and what we could hope for in trade. 

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/building-an-erick-fedde-trade-with-the-st-louis-cardinals/

Thanks. Good overview.  I do not want Saggesse or Prieto. The Sox could have had them last deadline. Chase Davis has really struggled in A ball, but he's been hotter lately. I mean, as a buy-low? Would be disappointing, but there is upside. I'd rather trade with someone else.

• Like 1

I probably would not trade Fedde if a top 100 prospect doesn't come back for him, and one who's arrow is pointing up, not a faller. It can be near the bottom of the top 100 - but that's my thought.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I probably would not trade Fedde if a top 100 prospect doesn't come back for him, and one who's arrow is pointing up, not a faller. It can be near the bottom of the top 100 - but that's my thought.

I don’t think Sox will have any issue getting a top 100 piece for Fedde. He’s been awesome, is cheap and comes with another season of control. The cheaper teams should all be in on him. 

• Like 1

Mets have a system with a ton of talent, currently have the last Wild Card spot, and were the other suitor for Fedde in the offseason.

My gut says that they're the best match.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

Mets have a system with a ton of talent, currently have the last Wild Card spot, and were the other suitor for Fedde in the offseason.

My gut says that they're the best match.

The Mets could shove their way into a discussion for sure 

8 hours ago, Sarava said:

I don’t think Getz has the luxury of waiting on a Fedde trade. I highly doubt his value will ever be higher than it is right now. 

Cooper Hjerpe from the Cards would be fun to get and very fitting for the franchise. 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I don’t think Getz has the luxury of waiting on a Fedde trade. I highly doubt his value will ever be higher than it is right now. 

Cooper Hjerpe from the Cards would be fun to get and very fitting for the franchise. 

There are guys who you can wait on, Fedde should be gone to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Agreed. I'd be very happy with that. Keep amassing talent and figure out the rest later. This team is years away from being competitive.

Cho could be interesting.  Seems a player light, but a good framework. 

31 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Agreed. I'd be very happy with that. Keep amassing talent and figure out the rest later. This team is years away from being competitive.

I think we’re at the point we desperately need bats and more pitching has a much lower marginal value.  And yes, you can never have enough pitching theoretically, but we’re also rocking an all-time bad offense with a mostly barren farm system.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1