7/21- Sox at Royals, 1:10

30 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

On 1-1 Robert fouls off a hanger ?

Robert looks awful this year. The Sox will not get a "haul" for him. He simply has little trade value right now. Outside any of the starting pitchers, no one has any trade value. This rebuild is failing. Go ahead trade for "prospects." And see another 100-loss season next year.

• TLR 2

Just checked the box score...I think there is a strong argument to be made that Getz should be fired solely on the basis of giving Brebbia $4 million.....actually $5.5 mill since there is a buyout for that option year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Highland said:

Robert looks awful this year. The Sox will not get a "haul" for him. He simply has little trade value right now. Outside any of the starting pitchers, no one has any trade value. This rebuild is failing. Go ahead trade for "prospects." And see another 100-loss season next year.

I agree, this isn’t like the last rebuild where we had some players that we traded and at the time brought us what we thought were going to be huge stars, If this team is to improve JR is going have to spend some of that money that he’s piled up in the last 43 years.  
The only guy that can bring something of value is of course Crochet and maybe Fedde.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

16 minutes ago, Highland said:

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree, this isn’t like the last rebuild where we had some players that we traded and at the time brought us what we thought were going to be huge stars, If this team is to improve JR is going have to spend some of that money that he’s piled up in the last 43 years.  
The only guy that can bring something of value is of course Crochet and maybe Fedde.

You guys are nuts if you think Robert wouldn’t bring back anything of value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I'm under the impression that money is not going to be spent on players. The money will be spent on the new stadium. I'm told if the White Sox pay for half of the stadium, it will be built. The owners of the   Rays have agreed to pay for half of the cost for the new stadium in St. Pete.

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

You guys are nuts if you think Robert wouldn’t bring back anything of value. 

He may bring something of value, but he is not bringing that much.  Right now he is an excellent fielder but average hitter. He looks nothing like he did when he first broke in. Then he had superstar written all over him. Offensively, he doesn't look imposing.

Moncada, Robert, Jimenez. At one time, they looked like they could lead the Sox into the post season for years to come.  Now, we wonder why they got injured so much and just what happened to all that potential.

1 minute ago, Highland said:

He may bring something of value, but he is not bringing that much.  Right now he is an excellent fielder but average hitter. He looks nothing like he did when he first broke in. Then he had superstar written all over him. Offensively, he doesn't look imposing.

Moncada, Robert, Jimenez. At one time, they looked like they could lead the Sox into the post season for years to come.  Now, we wonder why they got injured so much and just what happened to all that potential.

It's called baseball man. Look at Julio Rodriguez. He's struggling more than Robert and is getting paid twice as much for three times as long.

Some of you guys need to separate your sads around the Sox as an org from the actual players. There's no reason to think Robert isn't highly valued. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They already did that earlier this season at 14 setting the franchise record if I recall correctly. 

I was thinking MLB record.

Anyway, Grifol manages as if he has a championship plug-and-play team.  Best hitter hits 3rd; fast on base guy leads off.  If have a couple of 7th inning guys and 8th inning guys and they get their inning each.  Don't use closer until the 9th.

Other than starting pitching, this is a ragtag bunch of misfits.  you have to get dirty;; shake things up. Make changes. Do something.  There is no "Book" for this wreckage of a roster.  

Mite is right. Time for JR to buy talent fort next year.

Robert is the only decent hitter left in the line-up and he is having a terrible year. Potential trade bait.

Eloy should not be playing the rest of this year and should be traded in the off-season.

Vaughn, Sheets, Bennintendi can ride the season out but not sure why anyone would favor bringing them back next year.

It doesn't look like the Sox have many position player prospects that will potentially help next season unless one is convinced Montgomery will make it. But after him, probably no one.

Yes. time to open the wallet and get some big hitters in here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's called baseball man. Look at Julio Rodriguez. He's struggling more than Robert and is getting paid twice as much for three times as long.

Some of you guys need to separate your sads around the Sox as an org from the actual players. There's no reason to think Robert isn't highly valued. 

Chisholm Bellinger are the other top outfield targets.

Slim pickings out there.

Dodgers will definitely roll the dice on a rebound, or the Phillies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I'm under the impression that money is not going to be spent on players. The money will be spent on the new stadium. I'm told if the White Sox pay for half of the stadium, it will be built. The owners of the   Rays have agreed to pay for half of the cost for the new stadium in St. Pete.

Sox do not need a new stadium. They need good players....a lot of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Robert is the only decent hitter left in the line-up and he is having a terrible year. Potential trade bait.

Eloy should not be playing the rest of this year and should be traded in the off-season.

Vaughn, Sheets, Bennintendi can ride the season out but not sure why anyone would favor bringing them back next year.

It doesn't look like the Sox have many position player prospects that will potentially help next season unless one is convinced Montgomery will make it. But after him, probably no one.

Eloy will just be bought out of remaining option years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I’m not holding my breath on a new stadium but I’m all for it and really hope it happens. If what you say is true and no money will be spent on free agents then we are in for at least a few more 100 loss seasons, the only hope is that things change and the farm system starts to produce true Major League ballplayers.

1 hour ago, tray said:

Eloy will be bought out for $3 million and will be a free agent.

Vaughn sucks.  Sheets sucks.  Sox don’t have anyone better but I wouldn’t care if they are both gone.  Benintendi will be here until his awful contract is over, or if JR approves a DFA.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And now might be out a very long time 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m not holding my breath on a new stadium but I’m all for it and really hope it happens. If what you say is true and no money will be spent on free agents then we are in for at least a few more 100 loss seasons, the only hope is that things change and the farm system starts to produce true Major League ballplayers.

If the Sox are willing to actually help pay for it that would alleviate a lot of those who are against it (including myself) but until JR holds a press conference and publicly says  this, I'm not betting my life on it. 

Regarding the team next year DVS of the Sun-Times as part of a story a few days ago said the feeling is the Sox will not be very active in the free agent market (naturally...the money will NOT be spent! LOL)

Under current ownership the bolded part is exactly correct, that's the only hope and hope is not a recipe for success. 

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If the Sox are willing to actually help pay for it that would alleviate a lot of those who are against it (including myself) but until JR holds a press conference and publicly says  this, I'm not betting my life on it. 

Regarding the team next year DVS of the Sun-Times as part of a story a few days ago said the feeling is the Sox will not be very active in the free agent market (naturally...the money will NOT be spent! LOL)

Under current ownership the bolded part is exactly correct, that's the only hope and hope is not a recipe for success. 

I don’t think we have even the slightest idea at how low the payroll will be next year. There’s no reason to think they will be any better next year than they are this year.  Jerry clearly doesn’t care anymore.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Highland said:

Look at the CFs around MLB this year.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think we have even the slightest idea at how low the payroll will be next year. There’s no reason to think they will be any better next year than they are this year.  Jerry clearly doesn’t care anymore.

Something obviously happened starting in 2007 that's for sure. Only five winning seasons since then compared to 16 winning seasons between 1981-2006. 

4 hours ago, Highland said:

Julio Rodriguez has an OPS+ of 102. Robert is 122. That means Luis Robert's OPS is 22% better than the league average. 

He's an exceptional player having a less than average (for him) year. He is cheap, going forward. He will bring back a haul.