7/21- Sox at Royals, 1:10

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Top of the order, 5 pitch inning. It’s unreal how fast the offensive innings are.

These bums have flat out quit, no pride at all, f*** them and shame on them.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

These bums have flat out quit, no pride at all, f*** them and shame on them.

Eloy flat out looks like he’s trying to hit grounders.  I just don’t get what the coaches and staff teach these guys.  Baldwin’s long swing is never going to work at this level.  Probably explains why Montgomery can’t hit a fastball.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Isn’t the rookie threshold 50 innings?

A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons):

• 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues.
• 45 total days on an active Major League roster during the Championship Season (excluding time on the Injured List).

• Thanks 1

What a choke by the Royals if they allow one run per game in a series and only take two of three. I think they ran their Sunday lineup today rather than getting greedy and taking all 3.

35 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Thorpe looks good. Wonder what we’ll get for him in 3 years.

That's a great subliminal post. Fans of lousy franchises can't root for their own players very much. They root for what they can get for them in trades cause of their cheap owners.

Being a Sox fan is so bittersweet.  On one hand, I truly believe in Bannister and feel like we could have a quality, home-grown rotation within two years behind Schultz, Smith, Thorpe, Cannon, and one of many other options.  And while our bullpen is mostly garbage at the moment, I do think we have enough pitching depth in the minors to build a decent pen pretty quickly.  While injuries could derail it all, there are legit reasons to be optimistic on this side of the ball.

At the same time, I have little confidence in Getz, Barfield, & Watson to build an entire offense from basically scratch.  Montgomery’s struggles against velocity are concerning and if he’s just a guy and not a star that creates a big roadblock for us.  And just not a ton after him that you can feel super confident in at the moment other than Quero and to a lesser extent Baldwin.  With our latest draft unlikely to provide help anytime soon, it really comes down to trades and free agency.  If Getz can kill this trade deadline then the path to competitiveness suddenly becomes much easier, but it’s very hard to trust the evaluators who recommended giving up actual talent for guys like Fletcher & DeLoach.

We should know a lot more nine days from now.

• Like 3