Moncada and Clevinger "returned from rehab assignments"

This sounds like they are both hurt again, but I am not quite sure by that wording if this means they are being recalled, or just not rehabbing anymore.  If they were being recalled, I don't know why you would "further evaluate" them.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This sounds like they are both hurt again, but I am not quite sure by that wording if this means they are being recalled, or just not rehabbing anymore.  If they were being recalled, I don't know why you would "further evaluate" them.

Maybe they are cutting bait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Doesn’t this just mean whether they go on the active roster or return to the IL?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Doesn’t this just mean whether they go on the active roster or return to the IL?

Probably. Looking deeper, Clevingers rehab time is up, and Moncada is supposedly having some physical issues. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That's what my guess would be.  They aren't healthy enough to either stay on the roster or continue to play.

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or they have a trade that's a day away, and they're just stalling until they can make moves and announcements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

FWIW- Moncada hasn’t played in a week and Pedro mentioned he may have had some sort of set back a few days ago. 

What a shocker.  My prediction was that Moncada wouldn’t get healthy until after the trade deadline.

35 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Moncada and setback? Not sure I've EVER heard those 2 things associated with each other!!

Just walk away from him, already.

He can't leave soon enough. Out of all the players with injury histories, he is the most annoying of them all (and also correlates to being the biggest disappointment but that's my opinion there). At least Eloy and Robert had significant injuries at one point (although Eloy was his own doing).  Moncada has just been one ouchie after another. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

What does "been returned from" mean?

When I read that i thought well they returned, so they're back and ready to go.

Probably means they can only be on a rehab assignment so long before being activated or just shut down again for a period of time. Doesn’t sound like either are ready to come back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Probably means they can only be on a rehab assignment so long before being activated or just shut down again for a period of time. Doesn’t sound like either are ready to come back

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

What does "been returned from" mean?

When I read that i thought well they returned, so they're back and ready to go.

I think it simply means they’re back with the major meanie club and not currently rehabbing. 

From the White Sox web site:

RHP Mike Clevinger (right elbow inflammation, neck stiffness)
Expected return:
 TBD
Clevinger won’t make his next scheduled rehab start for Triple-A Charlotte, which was set for July 23, White Sox manager Pedro Grifol said.

“Done for this start, but then we’ll reevaluate,” Grifol said.

Clevinger threw four innings of one-run ball in his previous start for Charlotte on July 14. He made his last start for the White Sox on May 23.

3B Yoán Moncada (left adductor strain)
Expected return: TBD
Moncada has been experiencing “anticipated soreness” during his rehab stint, manager Pedro Grifol said. But Moncada does not seem comfortable with where he's at physically and his rehab as been put on pause for now. Grifol said it should not be viewed as a setback.

“Even though you’re healed, it still feels similar to what it felt like when it first happened, but it’s not,” Grifol said. “It’s almost like he wants to be sure that he’s got no pain. Anticipating stuff, that’s kind of what that last thing is, just anticipating soreness but we want to err on the side of caution.”

The switch-hitting third baseman has gone 8-for-15 over five games with the Arizona Complex League White Sox.

Moncada was running to first on a grounder on April 9 when he doubled over in pain, and had to be helped off the field. He was placed on the IL the next day. 

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So  much for rushing them back before the deadline.  I did also like the subtle victim blaming of Moncada where the Sox are saying he's not really hurt, he just thinks he's hurt, so he shut it down that is later on in this article.

image.png

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So  much for rushing them back before the deadline.  I did also like the subtle victim blaming of Moncada where the Sox are saying he's not really hurt, he just thinks he's hurt, so he shut it down that is later on in this article.

image.png

With Moncada that's not uncommon. Medical clearance and the player being ready do not always coincide. This happens on both sides. Sometimes the players wants to go prior to full medical clearance, other times they are cleared but don't feel comfortable. 

I'm sure the Sox wanted to get him back to possibly build value to trade him.

Edited by ptatc

38 minutes ago, ptatc said:

With Moncada that's not uncommon. Medical clearance and the player being ready do not always coincide. This happens on both sides. Sometimes the players wants to go prior to full medical clearance, other times they are cleared but don't feel comfortable. 

I'm sure the Sox wanted to get him back to possibly build value to trade him.

The clash of themes being presented here is my favorite part of this.

1. They anticipated this.

2. He's healthy

3. He can't handle this.

I have no idea why the White Sox like to embarass certain players so much, but here we are again.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The clash of themes being presented here is my favorite part of this.

1. They anticipated this.

2. He's healthy

3. He can't handle this.

I have no idea why the White Sox like to embarass certain players so much, but here we are again.

You would prefer that they don't tell people that he is cleared?