Moncada and Clevinger "returned from rehab assignments"

Just now, ptatc said:

You would prefer that they don't tell people that he is cleared?

I would first perfer they didn't rush guys, and then second that they didn't put people's medical details into public to make them look bad when it comes to certain players.

• Like 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I would first perfer they didn't rush guys, and then second that they didn't put people's medical details into public to make them look bad when it comes to certain players.

If you want to look at it that way, I guess. If he's cleared, he's cleared. You are assuming the medical team isn't treating him properly. 

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You would prefer that they don't tell people that he is cleared?

I don't see what they gain by adding he elected not to push it  Pedro's take is weird. They cleared him but expected this to happen? 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't see what they gain by adding he elected not to push it  Pedro's take is weird. They cleared him but expected this to happen? 

Sure. Once you are cleared to play it doesn't mean there isn't going to be soreness as you ramp up to full playing time. That's to be expected as you increase playing time. That's what the rehab assignments are for. 

Perdo is odd in his explanation but it's probably exactly what happened. 

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Especially since they had earlier said they were pushing his schedule ahead to try to get him back quicker anyway.

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not surprising a guy with a surgical repair is experiencing soreness. I'd be more concerned how his back responds as he ramps up.

Dis he have surgery? I thought it was conservative care.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Dis he have surgery? I thought it was conservative care.

Thought for sure they announced he had "successful" surgery and would be out 12-15 weeks. Could be wrong, I have not been following this team closely to say the least.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thought for sure they announced he had "successful" surgery and would be out 12-15 weeks. Could be wrong, I have not been following this team closely to say the least.

Could be. It's been so long,  I can't remember that far back.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It doesn't even feel like April was part of this season. Man it's only 2/3 over too.

The good news is October will be here before you know it. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The good news is October will be here before you know it. 

NFL camps in full swing, 39 days I think away from CFB. Crazy. Summer is flying by except when watching the Sox, although their are groundhog like qualities.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So  much for rushing them back before the deadline.  I did also like the subtle victim blaming of Moncada where the Sox are saying he's not really hurt, he just thinks he's hurt, so he shut it down that is later on in this article.

image.png

Must be a lot of teams waiting on him. 

Moncada update to the Sun-Times tonight

Third baseman Yoan Moncada has been out since April 9 after straining his left adductor on a ground ball. His recovery has been slowed after he dealt with some soreness.

“He’s going to see the doctor in Arizona just to make sure everything’s clear and then ramp it back up again,” Grifol said. “But he’s feeling pretty good.”

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Moncada update to the Sun-Times tonight

Third baseman Yoan Moncada has been out since April 9 after straining his left adductor on a ground ball. His recovery has been slowed after he dealt with some soreness.

“He’s going to see the doctor in Arizona just to make sure everything’s clear and then ramp it back up again,” Grifol said. “But he’s feeling pretty good.”

“He’s too hurt to play and may have suffered long term damage, but he’s feeling good.”

Did I get that right?

7 minutes ago, JoeC said:

“He’s too hurt to play and may have suffered long term damage, but he’s feeling good.”

Did I get that right?

Just DFA him and ILOY ASAP. No way they are going help win games the last 2 months. ILOY cracked me up last night when he was HBP in the shoulder, watching him one would think he blew it out, what a clown.

Moncada update courtesy of DVS of the Sun-Times:

Yoan Moncada, whose rehab stint in Arizona for his adductor strain suffered during his 11th game of the season was halted July 22, doesn’t seem close to returning.

“You never want a player to get on the field without him being convinced that he’s ready to play,” Grifol said.

Moncada is in the final year of his contract, and whether he plays again for the Sox remains to be seen. He’s making $25 million this season.

Edited by Lip Man 1

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Moncada update courtesy of DVS of the Sun-Times:

Yoan Moncada, whose rehab stint in Arizona for his adductor strain suffered during his 11th game of the season was halted July 22, doesn’t seem close to returning.

“You never want a player to get on the field without him being convinced that he’s ready to play,” Grifol said.

Moncada is in the final year of his contract, and whether he plays again for the Sox remains to be seen. He’s making $25 million this season.

Remember when some thought he would be back in time to play and be traded before the deadline?   ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, pmb0928 said:

When Yoan officially misses the rest of the year he will have made just over $641,000 per official AB this year.  

I hope he doesn't get signed by anyone next year or he just gets a minor league deal

He’ll get a major league deal. It won’t be much money tho.