Moncada and Clevinger "returned from rehab assignments"

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s obvious that this loser doesn’t even want to play.  He wants to sit at home and collect a check.  Fucking bum…

Sounds like a dude who doesn't trust White Sox staff at all, and probably for good reason with the history he has with them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sounds like a dude who doesn't trust White Sox staff at all, and probably for good reason with the history he has with them.

I was just coming here to post that. Most of the time we would look at his history and blame the staff for mismanaging his earlier injuries, rushing him back to play, etc. We could look at how he plays for a different coaching staff as further proof how bad our managers have been through the years. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I was just coming here to post that. Most of the time we would look at his history and blame the staff for mismanaging his earlier injuries, rushing him back to play, etc. We could look at how he plays for a different coaching staff as further proof how bad our managers have been through the years. 

Especially since they have already put out a whisper campaign against another one of his Latin teammates  

It doesn’t benefit the Sox at all if he comes back this year. I wouldn’t even waste team resources on him. Tell him to go home and if he ever feels up to giving it a shot call the Sox back. Or just release him and let him pick his own rehab.The distrust with the tam goes back a long time. I  remember Lorenzo Barcelo. He was supposed to be the crown jewel in the White Flag trade. KW was calling him a p**** because he said he was injured and the team disagreed. Turned out he eventually needed elbow and shoulder surgery.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’ actually bizarre that Moncada doesn’t want to try and build up his value.  He’s potentially costing himself a lot of money by sitting.

Or he has no trust whatsoever in this organization's training and medical staff, and wants to make sure he's healthy when he gets the f*** out of here? I'm not sure how anyone can fault any of the players here with what we have seen over the last decade. They have shown zero competence in not only keeping players healthy, but bringing them back from injury healthy. I was done with this this organization's medical and training staff when I saw their superstar center fielder swinging with one fucking arm.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’ actually bizarre that Moncada doesn’t want to try and build up his value.  He’s potentially costing himself a lot of money by sitting.

To ,me, playing baseball never really seemed like a passion to him. I could be way off. But after his upcoming buyout and his initial signing bonus, he will have been paid over $100 million to play baseball. I can’t see him getting more than a million or two next year with any team. Is that enough to keep him playing? I wonder if he is done with the sport.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

To ,me, playing baseball never really seemed like a passion to him. I could be way off. But after his upcoming buyout and his initial signing bonus, he will have been paid over $100 million to play baseball. I can’t see him getting more than a million or two next year with any team. Is that enough to keep him playing? I wonder if he is done with the sport.

Perhaps this organization just sucks the life out of players? I've watched guys come to the Sox and regress or underperform for a long time now. I'm done giving them the benefit of the doubt. Everyone has worked at one of those places that is just miserable to be at. 

Edited by Paulie4Pres

On 8/1/2024 at 9:04 AM, FT35 said:

I disagree here.  For the first few years he was here, I just thought he was young, immature and unlucky.  When that carries over into 5-6 years, you start to look at a guy differently.  He was the face of the franchise’s future—and that goes both ways.  He had the talent, but in the end—his immaturity took over.  He and Eloy were the source of the hope but also the face of so many failures—including the most damaging…they contributed mightily to the destruction of the White Sox culture.  Their poor work ethic, bad attitudes and immaturity combined with a newfound love of ritz and money and they both worked a system that allowed them to do absolutely nothing and still cash massive checks—all while avoiding the catastrophe of associating with a disastrous on-field product.  They were content living it up with their lives in their rehab facilities rather than being with the team.  That absolutely burried an already weak franchise who was counting on them—and PAYING them to play.  I think they deserve the crap they get.  I’m glad Eloy is gone and I can’t wait to see Moncada get cut off from his free ride with us.  There are players with better talent who actually want to play baseball who work for those paychecks—let’s focus more on them.  

ALL mlb players who have good contracts enjoy the money and yes, those that come from poor backgrounds often spend it frivolously, like Luis Robert's jewelry. The problem with accusing black and/or Latino players with poor work ethics is that it promotes a stereotype that is not helpful.

But OK, let's say they are lazy bums. Problem is that  the WSox don't have a better DH than Eloy or a better 3B than Moncada and they will not spend to fill those spots through free agency.  Getz' plan is long term - tear the team down for two years or more (while he gets the "free ride" you are talking about) and wait for minor league players to develop into major league players. Sounds like an unrealistic plan to build a competitive team on the cheap.

Edited by tray

31 minutes ago, tray said:

ALL mlb players who have good contracts enjoy the money and yes, those that come from poor backgrounds often spend it frivolously, like Luis Robert's jewelry. The problem with accusing black and/or Latino players with poor work ethics is that it promotes a stereotype that is not helpful.

But OK, let's say they are lazy bums. Problem is that  the WSox don't have a better DH than Eloy or a better 3B than Moncada and they will not spend to fill those spots through free agency.  Getz' plan is long term - tear the team down for two years or more (while he gets the "free ride" you are talking about) and wait for minor league players to develop into major league players. Sounds like an unrealistic plan to build a competitive team on the cheap.

Without good scouting and a development staff you can't do it on the cheap as the Sox are finding out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

They had both guys for several years and they didn’t do much.  The problem was that neither could stay healthy.  If you don’t play, you don’t help a team.  You are just bloated salary on a low payroll team.

• Like 1