Skubal/Orioles talk...

Someone please help convince me otherwise but looking at both Crochet and Skubal’s baseball savant page, they are a lot closer than some make it seem. I understand that Skubal has more starting experience but I’d argue that Crochet has more value because of the less strain on his arm than Skubal. Crochet is 2 years younger and has the same amount of years on his contract. Crochet looks dominant in his 1st year as a starter. Also in the all star game one thing that stood out to me post Skubal’s inning he said something along the lines of “could I not give up a hard hit”. 

I feel like Getz should be asking for the same package that the Tigers are looking for Skubal. Again I’m biased but I just feel like in the playoffs Crochet can make a bigger impact than Skubal can come playoff time

Edited by Rey21

Skubal is far more valuable in a trade than Crochet.  While Crochet has been dominant this year so has Skubal.  And while Skubal, has his own durability issues, he has a much more proven track record as a starter and is also better positioned to log innings down the stretch vs. Crochet.  Not saying Skubal is the better pitcher when healthy - but both are very good healthy and if I were a team and I had my choice and the price was the same -> I would take Skubal vs. Crochet.  

With that said - I'm not sure Tigers are really that serious in moving him, unless of course they can get an absolute haul and it would have to be the type of haul they think would drive immediate value (meaning high end prospects that are either in the majors or near the majors).  I'm thinking a package around Holliday + high end pitching prospect (if I use Oriole's as an example).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The same who would bid on Julio Rodriguez or Acuna... or Glasnow. 

Julio isn't going anywhere, but it's absurd to put him in the same sentence with those names. He's payed almost as many games in 2+ seasons as Robert has in 4 & 1/2. Julio's career WAR is nearly identical in half the service time as well

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I'd be surprised if Baltimore moves Norby now (X-Rays were negative at least but that might scream ligament damage for Mateo).

Wow - that was awful.

50 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Wow - that was awful.

That's a UCL injury. That's what it looks like when it's it's a traumatic etiology.