7/22 Sox @ Rangers - already started

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Someone explain to me how if you catch a tipped ball you can steal, but if it isn't caught you can't steal?  

A baserunner can steal a base during a foul tip in baseball because the ball remains liveIt's similar to a swing and miss, so baserunners can advance at their own risk without needing to tag up. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crazy how poorly Sheets has played, yet he still get a lot of at bats.  Near .100 hitter over last 30 games.

The guy is worthless.  A .684 OPS first baseman.  Just cut him loose already.  Colas should be playing for sure.

Eric Fedde

Garrett Crochet

Drew Thorpe 

Are absolute treats to watch pitch. Too bad this s%*# organization can't figure this out and find a way to build around those 3.

Fedde is 31 and I can guarantee you all he has another 3 good years 

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Someone explain to me how if you catch a tipped ball you can steal, but if it isn't caught you can't steal?  

A tipped ball if not caught is like any other foul ball so can't steal.

If you catch the tipped ball it's treated as a swing and miss for the base runner. Since the catcher caught it he could have thrown out Robert on the steal attempt. But he lost the ball on the transfer .

Maybe you asked rhetorically.

If this is Fedde’s last start with us, it’s been a joy to watch him pitch in this mostly shitshow of a season.

Also, Kopech better strand that runner so Getz can try selling Fedde as a sub 3.00 ERA pitcher.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

How the hell does this keep happening.  Change your god damn spikes for f*** sakes.  

It has to be something mechanical.  Meanwhile, that was a good job by Benintendi.