7/22 Sox @ Rangers - already started

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

A walk here would be hilarious 

Game day looked like he tried to walk him before giving up a hit on the only ball in the strike zone.

lol not that any of it matters, but why did they choose to pitch to Lankford?  He smoked that double in the 9th, just seems like pitching to Smith was smarter there 

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Game day looked like he tried to walk him before giving up a hit on the only ball in the strike zone.

It was a sweeper on the inside corner. A terrible pitch with two strikes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

A walk here would be hilarious 

WTF is he walking everybody for anyway?  it gives a pitcher no room to maneuver. He’s gotta throw it over the plate.

You could probably put 2/3 of these blown saves square on the back of the Dugout Dunce. 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

lol not that any of it matters, but why did they choose to pitch to Lankford?  He smoked that double in the 9th, just seems like pitching to Smith was smarter there 

Of course…do you think the worst manager in history knows Wilson is better against lefties this year?

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

WTF is he walking everybody for anyway?  it gives a pitcher no room to maneuver. He’s gotta throw it over the plate.

You could probably put 2/3 of these blown saves square on the back of the Dugout Dunce. 

Wilson has dominated lefties this year and got destroyed by righties.  That was the type of move is inexcusable.  Pedro is really scared of Josh Smith?

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You know why.  I think both will be gone soon.

I really don’t believe Benintendi is going anywhere. They can’t be that stupid to actually attach with Crochet or Robert can they?

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The ability of the Sox pen to blow a game no matter who is on the mound is just absurd 

What I will never understand is why they targeted so many guys in the offseason with mediocre stuff as bullpen pieces.  By the way, Bailey Horn looks good for the Red Sox and Cousins has been good for the Yankees.  Getz really has the magic touch.

Just now, fathom said:

What I will never understand is why they targeted so many guys in the offseason with mediocre stuff as bullpen pieces.  By the way, Bailey Horn looks good for the Red Sox and Cousins has been good for the Yankees.  Getz really has the magic touch.

Cronin was killing it in Miami too.  Luckily none of the guys we let walk were regrettable 

It's now 20...20 times the Sox had a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

This is now the 4th time it happened in the 9th inning when they gave up a lead.

Brebbia has now been personally responsible for four of these blown late/lost games.

Another brilliant signing/waste of JR's money by Getz.

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:
It's now 20...20 times the Sox had a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

This is now the 4th time it happened in the 9th inning when they gave up a lead.

Brebbia has now been personally responsible for four of these blown late/lost games.

I hope @Chicago White Soxis right and they can trade his ass.

I read on Twitter that Bruce said on the radio that the Sox were talking with or had approached Francona.

is that true or is that just Bruce musing. 

I take ANYTHING that doofus says with a big grain of salt. Although getting him would be a God send. 

I read on Twitter that Bruce said on the radio that the Sox were talking with or had approached Francona.

They gonna give that poor man a heart attack of laughter if so.

Just now, GreenSox said:

I think he said they were talking with Julio Franco to breathe some life into the offense.

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

With all these blown saves, would they be better off moving Crochet back to the pen?  They could probably prevent losing 120 games that way.