7/22 Sox @ Rangers - already started

Well, that's eight straight losses now.

Two more for another double-digit losing streak

And in case you are wondering, in the 124 years of the franchise they have NEVER had a season where they had two or more losing streaks of at least 10 games.

It's never happened before. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

What I will never understand is why they targeted so many guys in the offseason with mediocre stuff as bullpen pieces.  By the way, Bailey Horn looks good for the Red Sox and Cousins has been good for the Yankees.  Getz really has the magic touch.

Because guys with better stuff cost more. Basically every acquisition was a project including Fedde. If anyone else truly thought Fedde would be any good he wouldn't have signed with the Sox.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

With all these blown saves, would they be better off moving Crochet back to the pen?  They could probably prevent losing 120 games that way.

You can't have Crochet warming up potentially multiple times like relief pitchers sometimes do before entering a game, especially with this clown manager.  

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You can't have Crochet warming up potentially multiple times like relief pitchers sometimes do before entering a game, especially with this clown manager.  

Pure sarcasm…making him a starter is just about only good decision they’ve made in years 

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They can.

If JR is calling the shots yes.

Getz can always pretend teams wouldn't bite. But if he's fired you never know if he pissed JR off . You want Crochet then eat Beni's remaining salary and give us a DSL SS .

39 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You know why.  I think both will be gone soon.

I really don’t think Pedro makes it through the rest of the season. I don’t even know if he makes it to August at this point. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I really don’t think Pedro makes it through the rest of the season. I don’t even know if he makes it to August at this point. 

People have been predicting he'd be fired since last season. They'll make trades with Grifols input then fire him.

It's the RH /KW trick.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

What I will never understand is why they targeted so many guys in the offseason with mediocre stuff as bullpen pieces.  By the way, Bailey Horn looks good for the Red Sox and Cousins has been good for the Yankees.  Getz really has the magic touch.

PILLAR

The guy who never had a losing season in Cleveland is going to come here and hang 40+ more losses on his record lol

bruce is hard to listen to on the score, you can tell when he is making stuff up on the spot 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is there an actual link to this because I can find nothing.

It was a James Fox tweet. I’m on my phone so I’m not good with linking. You could just search on X Francona White Sox.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Watch Grifol use Kopech next to try and close again because he looked so tough in the 7th yesterday.  And then watch it blow up in his face 

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why watching Game Day.Game was televised on MLB .TV app free .

I didn't really want to watch that mess....just follow along so I could be a productive member of the Soxtalk community.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1