7/22 Sox @ Rangers - already started

I don’t think Kopech’s issue is that he chokes the ninth. But I had no problem with him bringing him in on the seventh and pitching multiple innings. It’s a good showcase.
After Kopech left the game is when Pedro started effing up.

10 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I don’t think Kopech’s issue is that he chokes the ninth. But I had no problem with him bringing him in on the seventh and pitching multiple innings. It’s a good showcase.
After Kopech left the game is when Pedro started effing up.

Who should he have gone to next?

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who should he have gone to next?

I guess it would be too easy for me to say not the guy who had been absolutely bombed the day before; or perhaps he could’ve gone to the guy who had pitched an effective  inning 2 days before.

That’s a bit of  redboarding on my part, except that he consistently makes the decision that blows up.  
And then there was the 10th with his intentional walks with 2 outs: not  with one out where you might do it to set up a double play; but with two outs where are you trying to pitch to a specific batter with no room for error.   Low and behold the player he thinks is best to pitch to gets a hit. Of all the luck!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I guess it would be too easy for me to say not the guy who had been absolutely bombed the day before; or perhaps he could’ve gone to the guy who had pitched an effective  inning 2 days before.

That’s a bit of  redboarding on my part, except that he consistently makes the decision that blows up.  
And then there was the 10th with his intentional walks with 2 outs: not  with one out where you might do it to set up a double play; but with two outs where are you trying to pitch to a specific batter with no room for error.   Lo and behold the player he thinks is best to pitch to gets a hit. Of all the luck!

I agree totally that the way they lost was the dumbest of his late game decisions, using his closer (if you want to call Kopech that) early and bringing in guys that are just as shaky is just pulling names out of a hat at this point, it’s hard to say any get the job done, and he can’t control that.  But the little things he could control, like loading the bases for a guy who just smoked a double in the 9th, he is just so abjectly bad at it

• Like 1