BA - Post Draft Top 100

Baseball America has been doing monthly top 100 updates, and this one includes the recent draft picks. White Sox below.

8.) Noah Schultz

34.) Montgomery

46.) Hagen Smith

51.) Drew Thorpe

90.) Edgar Quero

Edited by DirtySox

Posted (edited)

Other 2024 draft picks with rank listed below as well.

13.) Condon

19.) Bazzana

24.) Wetherholt

28.) Burns

45.) Caglianone

58.) Kurtz

63.) Braden Montgomery

82.) Konnor Griffin

91.) Bryce Rainer

Edited by DirtySox

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They red flagged him.  The medicals scared the hell out of them.

They weren't the only team that thought this.

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

He only went 7th, not like he dropped out of the first round.

True, but there were other teams after that which were going to pass on him. The Cardnials were just one that wasn't overly concerned. 

15 hours ago, mac9001 said:

I really hope Taylor gets in a solid 85 innings next year. This was a bit of a punt year for him, but I look forward to see who moves faster next year between him and Smith.

I bet barring further injury, Taylor gets some time in the fall league.  He is at 19.1 innings and looked like 4 innings was his max.    He was moved to the 60 day DL on 6/12 so roughly Aug 12 if all goes well.  He might get another 20-30 innings counting fall.  Think 85-100 in 2025 between A-A+. Not pushing the level may allow more innings since less stress?   Maybe to 125 in 2026 between A+ and AA.  If he is healthy and doing well perhaps things accelerate and he gets to AAA in 2026.  If that is a reasonable plan goal, I wouldn't push him to MLB when he is hitting his max innings.  MLB 2027? looking at 150 or so innings.   If you know next year is noncompetitive at the MLB level, we should prioritize health over pushing people to the MLB level.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I bet barring further injury, Taylor gets some time in the fall league.  He is at 19.1 innings and looked like 4 innings was his max.    He was moved to the 60 day DL on 6/12 so roughly Aug 12 if all goes well.  He might get another 20-30 innings counting fall.  Think 85-100 in 2025 between A-A+. Not pushing the level may allow more innings since less stress?   Maybe to 125 in 2026 between A+ and AA.  If he is healthy and doing well perhaps things accelerate and he gets to AAA in 2026.  If that is a reasonable plan goal, I wouldn't push him to MLB when he is hitting his max innings.  MLB 2027? looking at 150 or so innings.   If you know next year is noncompetitive at the MLB level, we should prioritize health over pushing people to the MLB level.

It really all depends on what exactly his injury is.  The fact he was put straight on to the 60 day DL scares me a lot, as does the lack of information surrounding his injury and status.