Trade thoughts

Purely my speculation here, but with Baltimore looking to move some of their in between OFs and LAD needing to move at least Paxton, but really some other roster slots too for some of the injury returnees, there could be the chances for some interesting three way deals to get Robert/Fedde/Crochet deals done with either one of these groups which could see a third team offering in some prospects for the right to get a Mullins or a Paxton, and those prospects getting added to the Sox portion of the deal from either LA or Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like the idea, I'm going to be bold and say Robert and Crochet are on the White Sox for the rest of the season (traded in the winter)

Nor out of the realm of possibilities 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like the idea, I'm going to be bold and say Robert and Crochet are on the White Sox for the rest of the season (traded in the winter)

If the big deals aren't there for Luis, I keep him.  As long as the offers for Crochet are decent,  I move him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Clock is ticking with a lot of trades to make. Hope the actions starts here soon..

We’re a week away.  I feel like we see the first few moves this weekend before the normal onslaught begins the last day or two.  Will be interesting to see if Getz tries to get some stuff done early so he can focus a smaller set of moves right before the deadline.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Clock is ticking with a lot of trades to make. Hope the actions starts here soon..

The clock is ticking but there is no great hurry to shift Robert if the deals aren't good enough. He has team control and options that would make him just as valuable at the end of the season or this time next year, and IF he could stay fit and return to last season's form he would be more valuable than now.

Crochet is different because there is a big chance that this is his peak value because the potential for injury or loss of form would diminish any value if they held on to him longer.

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the big deals aren't there for Luis, I keep him.  As long as the offers for Crochet are decent,  I move him.

I’m the opposite.

I’m not worried about Crochet having success next year, his stuff is too good. And it seems like pretty much every pitcher is an injury risk at this point, I don’t think that’s as big of a worry as others are making it out to be.

Robert on the other hand…if he doesn’t get off to a hot start next year there’s suddenly going to be a fairly large sample size of not being a good hitter. I think his value would drop a lot. Plus there’s just as good of a chance he gets hurt as Crochet. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chimpton said:

The clock is ticking but there is no great hurry to shift Robert if the deals aren't good enough. He has team control and options that would make him just as valuable at the end of the season or this time next year, and IF he could stay fit and return to last season's form he would be more valuable than now.

Crochet is different because there is a big chance that this is his peak value because the potential for injury or loss of form would diminish any value if they held on to him longer.

I wasn’t really referring to Robert and Crochet. I personally wouldn’t trade Robert unless it’s a massive package and it doesn’t sound like that’s gonna happen right now. The offers should be there for Crochet. 

Sox have a lot of other guys to move though. If they try to cram it all into the last 24 hours, we’re gonna be holding the bag on some dudes that were immensely moveable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I wasn’t really referring to Robert and Crochet. I personally wouldn’t trade Robert unless it’s a massive package and it doesn’t sound like that’s gonna happen right now. The offers should be there for Crochet. 

It’s hard to argue with this, but then my feelings toward both get in the way. I like Crochet so much more than Robert. If we traded Robert for a “meh” return and extended Crochet, I’d be thrilled. If it was the other way around, I’d be furious. And that’s with me fully understanding that this team needs offense. 

This is tricky because neither is at peak performance. Crochet has pitched 10 innings in July; he’s pitched well, but not  the complete dominator that he was before. He’s playing into endurance concerns.  If Sox hold him, Sox will limit  the innings and the concerns won’t be allayed for an off-season trade and his value will have diminished because it’s one less playoff season. 
Robert is not playing well;  how much is a team really gonna pay for his potential?

in all, I don’t think we will get what we hope for either. I think they should move crochet; even though the current situation isn’t absolutely optimal, it’s still pretty good.

What SS kind of buried was my thought that a three or four team deal could be in the works. 

I've thing that is kind of nice. With so many teams supposedly interested it would be difficult, but not impossible, for the Sox to totally botch this opportunity. 

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

This is tricky because neither is at peak performance. Crochet has pitched 10 innings in July; he’s pitched well, but not  the complete dominator that he was before. He’s playing into endurance concerns.  If Sox hold him, Sox will limit  the innings and the concerns won’t be allayed for an off-season trade and his value will have diminished because it’s one less playoff season. 
Robert is not playing well;  how much is a team really gonna pay for his potential?

in all, I don’t think we will get what we hope for either. I think they should move crochet; even though the current situation isn’t absolutely optimal, it’s still pretty good.

I think at least one GM is going in thinking Robert will be energized being on a winning team. It is probably wishful thinking on their part, but could be helpful to us. 

46 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think at least one GM is going in thinking Robert will be energized being on a winning team. It is probably wishful thinking on their part, but could be helpful to us. 

I think you’re right, except that I think that that GM will want and get a discount if the Sox trade him. 

13 hours ago, fathom said:

I have a feeling one of Robert/Crochet ends up on Dodgers, other on the Phillies.

Getz is going to take 50 cents on the dollar for both guys, he's gonna get fleeced 

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?stats=bat&lg=all&type=8&season=2024&month=0&season1=2024&ind=0&pageitems=30&pos=all&qual=200&pagenum=9

Sheets Jimenez Vaughn T.Anderson Benintendi Maldy all among the worst players by fWAR. 

Bleak bleak bleak. 

Need to get rid of ALL those players and simply move on. 

Already started with TA and Maldy. 

We're almost to the point where Elko would be a more compelling watch. 

Not even one single player that should be guaranteed a spot next year. 

Who would it possibly be?  Lee as the backup catcher?  Julks?  Nah.  Sosa?  Yuck.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Behind a paywall there, sir.

Don't know how that happened. 

Either a new phone or jumping from China to Korea (saw Drew Anderson start in KBO for SSG Rangers) to Dallas to Puerto Rico to Dallas to Korea and leaving for China this AM with VPN or Chinese government patrolling my phone... 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

They really don't offer any names.

1. White Sox trade Garrett Crochet to Orioles

3. White Sox trade Luis Robert Jr. to Phillies

4. White Sox trade Erick Fedde to Astros

If the first two happened idc what happened to Fedde but I can’t imagine an Astros package being exciting