Trade thoughts

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here are my final predictions:

Trade #1:

• Exchange:  SP Garrett Crochet & RP Michael Kopech to BAL for 1B/3B Coby Mayo, OF Dylan Beavers, 2B Connor Norby, & LHP Luis DeLeon
  • Rationale:  Despite the skepticism, Elias finally nuts up for Crochet after being unable to acquire Skubal.  Sox get one elite positional prospect in Mayo plus two other near major league bats that can help speed up the timing of the rebuild greatly.  Kopech is also part of the trade to give the O’s another back-end relief option for 2024 & 2025, with a young, projectable LH arm coming back to the Sox help balance things out.

Trade #2:

• Exchange:  CF Luis Robert to PHI for SS Aiden Miler, OF Justin Crawford, & RHP Mick Abel
  • Rationale:  All the “Phillies don’t need to add” talk turns out to be nothing as Dombrowski can’t resist landing the elite CF he needs to cap off the roster.  He gives up two high-end prospects in Miller & Crawford, but keeps Painter and Caba (who can eventually replace Turner when he ages out).  Sox also got a Brian Bannister special in Abel, whose stock has fallen materially since the start of the season.

Trade #3:

• Exchange:  SP Erick Fedde to CLE for 1B Ralphy Velazquez & RHP Andrew Walters
  • Raitonale:  The Guardians are desperate for SP and are able to land one who can be part of a playoff rotation and is also cheap and controllable for another season.  After landing multiple RH hitters in other trades, the Sox get a young LH 1B/DH type who can potentially be an impact hitter in a few years.  As a sweetener, the Sox also get a high upside, near major league ready relief prospect who can slot into a role next year.

Beyond these trades, I fully expect Pham, DeJong, & Brabbia to be dealt with Flexen & Banks also legit options to to be moved.  For these guys, I’d mostly expect lottery tickets so unable to really speculate on specific returns.

If this it the top of the card, I would be pretty happy with our deadline.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

Anyone interested in going out of the box and trading some of our prospects for Bo Bichette? He really has been affected by injuries I wouldn't mind trading Montgomery for him we bound to get better prospects from other trades anyways

What?! A guy who has been terrible this season, is currently hurt, and a free agent after next year? Hard pass.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

Anyone interested in going out of the box and trading some of our prospects for Bo Bichette? He really has been affected by injuries I wouldn't mind trading Montgomery for him we bound to get better prospects from other trades anyways

This is the weirdest idea I've ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

Why?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

NO.

I love Bichette, but he's 26 and will be FA after next season. He absolutely does not fit the Sox timeline, and there's no way JR pays him either.

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

NO.

I love Bichette, but he's 26 and will be FA after next season. He absolutely does not fit the Sox timeline, and there's no way JR pays him either.

And if the Sox really want to add him, bid on him in Free Agency like a normal team.

• Like 1

My rational for trading for Bichette was he already has a history of producing with exception of this year which can be blame on injuries so trade unproven prospect like Montgomery, let Bichette heal this year and bring him back healthy next season, however, I missed he is a free agent JR is not going to pay to extend him..that was all...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

My rational for trading for Bichette was he already has a history of producing with exception of this year which can be blame on injuries so trade unproven prospect like Montgomery, let Bichette heal this year and bring him back healthy next season, however, I missed he is a free agent JR is not going to pay to extend him..that was all...

If you can buy low on him, sure. But I'm sure the Jays would rather hold than sell low.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade #1:

• Exchange:  SP Garrett Crochet & RP Michael Kopech to BAL for 1B/3B Coby Mayo, OF Dylan Beavers, 2B Connor Norby, & LHP Luis DeLeon
  • Rationale:  Despite the skepticism, Elias finally nuts up for Crochet after being unable to acquire Skubal.  Sox get one elite positional prospect in Mayo plus two other near major league bats that can help speed up the timing of the rebuild greatly.  Kopech is also part of the trade to give the O’s another back-end relief option for 2024 & 2025, with a young, projectable LH arm coming back to the Sox help balance things out.

Trade #2:

• Exchange:  CF Luis Robert to PHI for SS Aiden Miler, OF Justin Crawford, & RHP Mick Abel
  • Rationale:  All the “Phillies don’t need to add” talk turns out to be nothing as Dombrowski can’t resist landing the elite CF he needs to cap off the roster.  He gives up two high-end prospects in Miller & Crawford, but keeps Painter and Caba (who can eventually replace Turner when he ages out).  Sox also got a Brian Bannister special in Abel, whose stock has fallen materially since the start of the season.

Trade #3:

• Raitonale:  The Guardians are desperate for SP and are able to land one who can be part of a playoff rotation and is also cheap and controllable for another season.  After landing multiple RH hitters in other trades, the Sox get a young LH 1B/DH type who can potentially be an impact hitter in a few years.  As a sweetener, the Sox also get a high upside, near major league ready relief prospect who can slot into a role next year.

Beyond these trades, I fully expect Pham, DeJong, & Brabbia to be dealt with Flexen & Banks also legit options to to be moved.  For these guys, I’d mostly expect lottery tickets so unable to really speculate on specific returns.

Nice layout; i'll join you.

Exchange:  SP Garrett Crochet & RP Tanner Banks to BOS for SS/3B Marcelo Mayer, 2B/OF Kristian Campbell, & RHP Luis Perales
Rationale:  Bo Sox need a TOR arm beyond this year and their relief pitching is middle of the pack Banks would serve them well. Sox Get a top 10 prospect in Mayer that should stick at SS but could move off to 3B or over to 2B, a break out prospect in Campbell that can play 2B or CF and an arm that is recovering from TJ but has elite stuff.

Exchange:  CF Luis Robert & RP Michael Kopech to PHI for SS/3B Aiden Miler, OF Justin Crawford, & RHP Mick Abel
Rationale:  Dombrowski cement his plaque for the HoF and does what he's always done and lands the big fish. Sox get more top up the middle prospects as well as an arm that could use a change of scenery in Abel.

Exchange:  SP Erick Fedde & OF Tommy Pham to CLE for OF Jaison Chourio 1B Ralphy Velazquez & RHP Andrew Walters
Raitonale:  Cleveland gets their cost effective starter for this year and next as well as another opition for their OF in Pham. Sox Get solid value for a nice offseason signing in Fedde and two back half top 100 prospects for him and an intriguing arm for Pham in Walters.

Exchange:  UT Paul Dejong to NYY for SP Henry Lalane.
Raitonale: New York has been linked to Dejong its a thin market and the sox get a tall athletic LH SP to work within their system.

Edited by beautox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, beautox said:

Nice layout; i'll join you.

Exchange:  SP Garrett Crochet & RP Tanner Banks to BOS for SS/3B Marcelo Mayer, 2B/OF Kristian Campbell, & RHP Luis Perales
Rationale:  Bo Sox need a TOR arm beyond this year and their relief pitching is middle of the pack Banks would serve them well. Sox Get a top 10 prospect in Mayer that should stick at SS but could move off to 3B or over to 2B, a break out prospect in Campbell that can play 2B or CF and an arm that is recovering from TJ but has elite stuff.

Exchange:  CF Luis Robert & RP Michael Kopech to PHI for SS/3B Aiden Miler, OF Justin Crawford, & RHP Mick Abel
Rationale:  Dombrowski cement his plaque for the HoF and does what he's always done and lands the big fish. Sox get more top up the middle prospects as well as an arm that could use a change of scenery in Abel.

Exchange:  SP Erick Fedde & OF Tommy Pham to CLE for OF Jaison Chourio 1B Ralphy Velazquez & RHP Andrew Walters
Raitonale:  Cleveland gets their cost effective starter for this year and next as well as another opition for their OF in Pham. Sox Get solid value for a nice offseason signing in Fedde and two back half top 100 prospects for him and an intriguing arm for Pham in Walters.

Exchange:  UT Paul Dejong to NYY for SP Henry Lalane.
Raitonale: New York has been linked to Dejong its a thin market and the sox get a tall athletic LH SP to work within their system.

I laugh and hang up at the BOS offer. I accept PHI. CLE declines easily.  NYY laughs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade #1:

Trade #2:

Trade #3:

Those would be some outstanding deals for the White Sox, especially the Baltimore deal. Hard to imagine they would part with anywhere near that much talent though. 

Just now, steveno89 said:

Those would be some outstanding deals for the White Sox, especially the Baltimore deal. Hard to imagine they would part with anywhere near that much talent though. 

I will say my expectations are dropping by the minute…lol

Just now, T R U said:

DeJong is a 0.0 WAR sub .700 OPS player.. were not getting s%*# for him

He's dirt cheap, hits for some power, plays good defense and there are very few in any true SS available.  He'll move, but the return will AAAA or super low level flyer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

DeJong is a 0.0 WAR sub .700 OPS player.. were not getting s%*# for him

He has 0.7 fWAR which is fine for a bench / role player.  I think we get some sort of lottery ticket which is fine for a scrap heap signing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's dirt cheap, hits for some power, plays good defense and there are very few in any true SS available.  He'll move, but the return will AAAA or super low level flyer. 

So basically, not s%*# lol

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has 0.7 fWAR which is fine for a bench / role player.  I think we get some sort of lottery ticket which is fine for a scrap heap signing.

And in his case specifically, there was no one to block.

• Like 1