Trade thoughts

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now it's Senzel blocking Ramos/Sosa.

Fletcher blocked by Sheets and everyone else thrown at RF, guys like Grossman and Sheets.

Pillar's value wasted...one of the few vets to overperform.

Colas in the doghouse or blocked.

Montgomery, Baldwin, Ja.Gonzalez and Sosa blocked by guys like Lopez, Mendick and DeJong.  At least DeJong will be moving on, in theory.

Pham blocking younger guys like Julks.

Cronin's value totally wasted.

Benintendi should just be sent home and told to rest mentally.

Still would be better off with Mena for the long-term.  Fletcher clearly a 4/5 OF, usual type of complementary guy with a limited tool chest, not a star in the least, by ANY stretch of the imagination.

Burger's value wasted with Eder falling backwards from prospect status.

Burger and Robert would have at least provided 2 of the 4 power guys in the middle of the lineup for the next three years, and a little bit of excitement at least like CAGS will for KC.

For example, KC had something like 4-5 guys in the starting line-up tonight with sub 700 OPS numbers.  Obviously Witt, Perez and all the pitching additions made all the difference in the world, along with Pasquantino returning to the line-up.  Their OF has actually been the worst statistically in all of baseball, pretty much.

• Haha 1

None of these trades is giving me much fomo. Which is sad because we really needed another org to give us a shot in the arm. I’m sure Chris will develop a contender from scratch.

Just now, bmags said:

None of these trades is giving me much fomo. Which is sad because we really needed another org to give us a shot in the arm. I’m sure Chris will develop a contender from scratch.

Yeah, the returns so far seem pretty reasonable for buyers.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, the returns so far seem pretty reasonable for buyers.

And a lot of pitcher and catcher prospects so…not what I’m seeking

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A lot of movement and still no White Sox trades.  Would have at least expected someone like Pham to have been dealt by now.  Hopefully Getz knows what he is doing.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

• Haha 1

Angels trade Carlos Estevez to the Phils. They get back Klassen and Aldegheri. Good haul for the Angels, but again, more pitchers. I don't think people want to trade away hitting in this offense-starved environment.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t believe Getz still hasn’t made a trade…

Outside of Fedde, I wouldn’t get too excited about the quality of the deals that will be made. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t believe Getz still hasn’t made a trade…

Why?  Outside of Fedde, who is worth bidding up for to get something done quickly?  And even Fedde doesn't seem to be exciting anyone. 

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why?  Outside of Fedde, who is worth bidding up for to get something done quickly?  And even Fedde doesn't seem to be exciting anyone. 

Guys like Pham & DeJong you should be moving fast on before their markets dry up.  Same with the relievers we have to a lesser extent.

And Fedde is certainly a guy teams are interested in and one worth waiting on to maximize the return. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Guys like Pham & DeJong you should be moving fast on before their markets dry up.  Same with the relievers we have to a lesser extent.

And Fedde is certainly a guy teams are interested in and one worth waiting on to maximize the return. 

The first two are fall back guys in case the guys you really want are too expensive. 

• Like 1

I kinda like the fact that I’ve still yet to see Senzel in a WS uniform. ? Shows how much attention I’ve been giving to these guys as of late. ?

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

I kinda like the fact that I’ve still yet to see Senzel in a WS uniform. ? Shows how much attention I’ve been giving to these guys as of late. ?

Who???

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Senzel is an interesting window into their thought process. The guy has never hit anywhere ever. They already have Michael Chavis in AAA who has at least had flashes. But Senzel arguably plays more positions. Is he insurance against them trading half the roster? Between him a Baldwin,  they can at least field a team as long as they have 8 position players left.