Trade thoughts

being one of the lowest revenue teams in the league combined with the fact that we are labeled "big market", is a recipe for disaster. We need and deserve a top 3 pick multiple years in a row, now it is impossible thanks to manfred and his cronies. Yet Tampa, 3.5 games out of a wildcard, can sell and not spend any money...but aren't discouraged from doing so at all. Dire situation that can only be rectified by the death of the chairman, and a potential buyer may relocate the team

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m very skeptical of a legacy poster who suddenly is an insider with loads of info that only a handful of people in the front office would know.

I also can’t possibly fathom the Sox attaching Beni with crochet. Wouldn’t be surprised if another team floated it as everyone knows the Sox would love to dump Beni. But it’s beyond obvious that the Sox need to maximize the talent infusion with Crochet / Robert. It’s hard to doubt the Sox making a dumb decision at this point, but I just can’t buy that one. 

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

They’ll never re-locate.  The league would never approve it and it doesn’t make any sense financially.  

Their projected revenue is very low. Amongst the last in the league. I get we have to take the projections with a grain of salt, but if there's any truth to them they only gross more than the A's. 

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Exactly correct. MLB wants the enormous sums an expansion team would have to pay to join the league. 

Are the A's paying a massive relocation fee I'm not aware of? The league has made it incredibly easy for them to move.

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Their projected revenue is very low. Amongst the last in the league. I get we have to take the projections with a grain of salt, but if there's any truth to them they only gross more than the A's. 

Are the A's paying a massive relocation fee I'm not aware of? The league has made it incredibly easy for them to move.

There is a difference between a relocation fee and an expansion fee. Estimates are the Nashville group headed up by Dave Stewart and TLR may have to pay TWO BILLION dollars to join MLB.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I also can’t possibly fathom the Sox attaching Beni with crochet. Wouldn’t be surprised if another team floated it as everyone knows the Sox would love to dump Beni. But it’s beyond obvious that the Sox need to maximize the talent infusion with Crochet / Robert. It’s hard to doubt the Sox making a dumb decision at this point, but I just can’t buy that one. 

I think it would have ramifications greater than the white flag trade if they used on of their few star players to unload a bad, but not massively large contract when they have no other financial commitments to speak of.

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

What keeps everyone being a fan despite each and every incompetent action from JR & co? 

The hope that JR is not immortal and that his son will sell the team to someone who isnt Voldemort.  

• Love 2

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

FWIW I have heard from other forum's that they've tried attaching bennintendi to crochet as well. Not sure i believe any of it either, it would be insane, but we can't put it past meddling jerry

6 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

They may not have to pay a dime if certain conditions are met. MLB will not pass up the chance for a huge payday with expansion fees:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/mlb/oakland-athletics/athletics-las-vegas-relocation-fee-stadium/3244260/#:~:text=Jeremy Aguero%2C an A's consultant,place (h%2Ft The Nevada

• Like 1

We are officially under 48 hours until the deadline now and Getz still hasn’t made a trade.  Meanwhile, the Rays are already at four moves and counting.  Doesn’t mean a bunch s%*# can’t or won’t happen, but I must admit I’m not feeling warm and fuzzy.  And weird leaks that were talking with a Braves team that can’t afford anyone of substance reeks of potential desperation.  Prove me wrong Getz and make a fucking move, even just a minor one to ensure you’re actually working this weekend.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The Sox.

That's an awful deal.

From the Sox standpoint I agree because they've have to develop LDV and Beshears and that won't happen, but both guys can be good especially LDV who's oozing with talent

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

FWIW I have heard from other forum's that they've tried attaching bennintendi to crochet as well. Not sure i believe any of it either, it would be insane, but we can't put it past meddling jerry

What forums?

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I 100% believe it.  Which is disgusting.  Dude will have 3y/ <$50m left after this season.  That is not even close to a large contract in MLB.  Yet JR and this organization are so concerned with pinching Pennies that they’ll negate the player return on guys like Crochet, Robert, or Fedde merely to save a few bucks.  A competing organization will 100% take that deal.  Let’s say you get Crochet, take on a bad contract less than $50m, and then don’t have to sacrifice any top prospects?  Hell yeah.  That’s why the Sox are doomed until there’s an ownership change.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

There is a difference between a relocation fee and an expansion fee. Estimates are the Nashville group headed up by Dave Stewart and TLR may have to pay TWO BILLION dollars to join MLB.

I wonder how much the purchase price of the white sox will be. Because it could be cheaper to just buy us up and get some city like nashville to pay for a new stadium. But I hope we never move

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We are officially under 48 hours until the deadline now and Getz still hasn’t made a trade.  Meanwhile, the Rays are already at four moves and counting.  Doesn’t mean a bunch s%*# can’t or won’t happen, but I must admit I’m not feeling warm and fuzzy.  And weird leaks that were talking with a Braves team that can’t afford anyone of substance reeks of potential desperation.  Prove me wrong Getz and make a fucking move, even just a minor one to ensure you’re actually working this weekend.

ATL's top prospects are all pitchers which I guess is fine but they need some position players bad. Maybe with Lopez likely headed for the IL (maybe TJS) they'd be desperate but I'm not even sure who I'd ask for

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s borderline dereliction of duty that Pham is still here.  Fedde as well.  Those are easy deals.  Crochet and Robert are obviously more complicated.  I share your concern.  I’m mildly worried that he’s going to wait so long trying to get the best return that…a bunch of players just won’t be moved.  It’s also very possible that he’s getting pressure to hold a few because a team without Pham, Robert, Crochet, and Fedde is going to be near unwatchable and revenue will plummet even further last few months of the season.  

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I wonder how much the purchase price of the white sox will be. Because it could be cheaper to just buy us up and get some city like nashville to pay for a new stadium. But I hope we never move

$2bn right now.  Assuming it’s 3-5 years from now probably $2.5bn.  Jerry seems to be in pretty good shape though and money to pay for medical care helps extend one’s life so I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes it 7+ years.  He won’t sell while he’s alive because of the tax implications.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

ATL's top prospects are all pitchers which I guess is fine but they need some position players bad. Maybe with Lopez likely headed for the IL (maybe TJS) they'd be desperate but I'm not even sure who I'd ask for

Unfortunately, we’re at the point where we need to target position players for our bigger trades.  If these guys can’t return positional prospects in this market, then no idea how Getz expects to acquire it via trade later.  Obviously you get what you can for Kopech and the lesser pieces whether that be pitching or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I 100% believe it.  Which is disgusting.  Dude will have 3y/ <$50m left after this season.  That is not even close to a large contract in MLB.  Yet JR and this organization are so concerned with pinching Pennies that they’ll negate the player return on guys like Crochet, Robert, or Fedde merely to save a few bucks.  A competing organization will 100% take that deal.  Let’s say you get Crochet, take on a bad contract less than $50m, and then don’t have to sacrifice any top prospects?  Hell yeah.  That’s why the Sox are doomed until there’s an ownership change.

This is exactly why Friedman and Dodgers will pounce. 

They will happily take on Beni's 50m and basically get an ace for free. 

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It’s borderline dereliction of duty that Pham is still here.  Fedde as well.  Those are easy deals.  Crochet and Robert are obviously more complicated.  I share your concern.  I’m mildly worried that he’s going to wait so long trying to get the best return that…a bunch of players just won’t be moved.  It’s also very possible that he’s getting pressure to hold a few because a team without Pham, Robert, Crochet, and Fedde is going to be near unwatchable and revenue will plummet even further last few months of the season.  

I get Fedde still being here because there has been almost no movement on the SP front, but bats are moving and it’s not like Pham is a dude teams will wait on until the deadline.  This game of musical chairs will end at some point and you don’t want to be the last one without a partner.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

This is exactly why Friedman and Dodgers will pounce. 

They will happily take on Beni's 50m and basically get an ace for free. 

Brutal.  The board would implode, and rightfully so.  The Getz supporters would all blame Jerry.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Brutal.  The board would implode, and rightfully so.  The Getz supporters would all blame Jerry.

Nah. I consider myself a Getz supporter and I’d be pretty mad about it. 

• Haha 1