Trade thoughts

44 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

I stopped watching after “DeRo’s” first trade proposal for Crochet.  Elias refuses to trade Mayo and they now need Norby to start at 2B with the injury to Mateo.  Why do they pay these guys?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

58 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Officially under 30 hours to go!  Hopefully Getz got his adderall prescription refilled because he’s got a long night ahead of him!

image.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Whisox05 said:

I saw this while I ate my lunch and dreamed for a few minutes, even if I know in reality much of this might not and probably won’t happen.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Hold me, I'm scared.  Hearing Chris talk about his hurt feeling over Crochet wanting an extension, I can only imagine the haircut we take on him now.

Its whatever at this point, there's nothing we can do.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hold me, I'm scared.  Hearing Chris talk about his hurt feeling over Crochet wanting an extension, I can only imagine the haircut we take on him now.

No thanks, Chris.  Please, no more deals.  Your trades all suck and you make me miss Rick.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

No thanks, Chris.  Please, no more deals.  Your trades all suck and you make me miss Rick.

Id rather see him traded for trash than to walk for free, gotta spin it in a positive light somehow.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Getz pulling off multiple deals in ~24 hours seems far fetched.  More likely he combines Crochet, Brebbia, & DeJong into one large, bad deal and calls it a day.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Getz pulling off multiple deals in ~24 hours seems far fetched.  More likely he combines Crochet, Brebbia, & DeJong into one large, bad deal and calls it a day.

Efficiency at its finest.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

No chance in hell after what Getz just said 

It’s just so ridiculous to whine to the media 24 hours before the deadline. Way to keep that leverage you stupid idiot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s just so ridiculous to whine to the media 24 hours before the deadline. Way to keep that leverage you stupid idiot

I met someone back in November who hung in the same circle as Getz when they were at Michigan and the guy told me Chris was legit stupid and he was greatly concerned that he’d be a terrible GM.  So far, that appears be some tremendous scouting of Getz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

John Schriffen said the Sox are in an enviable position. They don't have to do anything.  JR must be in love.

I guess he's saying that the White Sox can keep Crochet and Robert. I wouldn't say though they are in an enviable position. That obviously way overstating things.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I met someone back in November who hung in the same circle as Getz when they were at Michigan and the guy told me Chris was legit stupid and he was greatly concerned that he’d be a terrible GM.  So far, that appears be some tremendous scouting of Getz.

But Project Birmingham was such a great success!  Look at how they’re all flourishing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

But Project Birmingham was such a great success!  Look at how they’re all flourishing.

Lol…I wonder if that combined with the snitching is what got him the job.  I bet Jerry was impressed with his creativity even if it ultimately didn’t accomplish a much of anything.