Trade thoughts

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So Hahn had Kenny overseeing him and offering advice and I guess Getz has TLR in that overseeing advisory role?  

That may be very true. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hold me, I'm scared.  Hearing Chris talk about his hurt feeling over Crochet wanting an extension, I can only imagine the haircut we take on him now.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which is probably negative value…lol

Yea lol that was what I was thinking too, the value of the overseer here made a huge difference 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

So Hahn had Kenny overseeing him and offering advice and I guess Getz has TLR in that overseeing advisory role?  

the Fedde for Edman rumor has TLR written all over it

A little under 4 more hours left til the deadline. We still look like we will be stuck with Dejong, Lopez, Brebbia, Wilson, Moncada, ILoy, Beni, Flexen, Banks. All guys who will do nothing to help this year or next.
Do something Getz, get some 18-19 yr olds at least.

31 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

A little under 4 more hours left til the deadline. We still look like we will be stuck with Dejong, Lopez, Brebbia, Wilson, Moncada, ILoy, Beni, Flexen, Banks. All guys who will do nothing to help this year or next.
Do something Getz, get some 18-19 yr olds at least.

I would guess that Brebbia and DeJong are gone for sure.  They are last minute type of players.  Lopez, Moncada, ILoy and Wilson have no real chance at moving.  The rest are varying amounts of maybes in the right situation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would guess that Brebbia and DeJong are gone for sure.  They are last minute type of players.  Lopez, Moncada, ILoy and Wilson have no real chance at moving.  The rest are varying amounts of maybes in the right situation. 

Lopez I think has a shot as a bench player.

My guess is we'll see DeJong and Brebbia moved near the deadline for little, and Crochet stays.  We'll hear several teams were close but no one matched up well enough.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

My guess is we'll see DeJong and Brebbia moved near the deadline for little, and Crochet stays.  We'll hear several teams were close but no one matched up well enough.

If that's the case, with the Fedde trade this deadline will be almost as big a disaster as the historically bad season. 

Will be really surprised if DeJong is still on the team tonight, not that I could tell you which team would benefit from having him around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

If that's the case, with the Fedde trade this deadline will be almost as big a disaster as the historically bad season. 

Meh.  Holding Crochet and letting all 29 teams bid on him this winter is WORLD'S better than trading him for best offer right now if the best offer isn't good. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jake said:

Will be really surprised if DeJong is still on the team tonight, not that I could tell you which team would benefit from having him around.

DeJong will be on waivers tomorrow if he doesn't get acquired today.  If no one claims him (and I think they would for like $600k), he should be DFAd the following day.  Absolutely zero reason for DeJong to take another at bat for this team. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

DeJong will be on waivers tomorrow if he doesn't get acquired today.  If no one claims him (and I think they would for like $600k), he should be DFAd the following day.  Absolutely zero reason for DeJong to take another at bat for this team. 

[insert Pedro speech about integrity of the game]

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Same goes for Lopez.  And even though the Sox have 3 more years of control over Sheets, does anyone want him here for even another month?  He’s proven BAD.

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I cannot wait to never have to hear that dope speak again.  

Today's will be great.

"We tried to make the team worse for the rest of this season by trading anyone that could make someone's roster. Sadly we failed and we're all in on the rest of this season. We're increasing our season projection to 35 wins from 31."