Trade thoughts

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Wow.. A massive return for Tanner Scott.  Snelling, Mazur, Pauley, Beshears.. Another reliever easily beats the Fedde deal

The bigger returns have all been pitching heavy though.  I think that is part of the problem.  Will again caveat that I am not condoning the Fedde return.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The bigger returns have all been pitching heavy though.  I think that is part of the problem.  Will again caveat that I am not condoning the Fedde return.

Yeah I still think the return was light, but obviously hitting is being far more guarded than pitching. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Yep. teams are hugging position prospects. It just is what it is. 

Those guys don't get moved anymore, and we're just going to have to adjust our expectations. 

Sox are going to have to draft and develop their way out of this, which is scary af. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Would be amazing if related to Crochet.  He would be a true headliner.

We know they also love Teel.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Not a single top 100 prospect traded this deadline per BA.

That can’t be true - didn’t San Diego ship at least one out?

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Huh… alrighty then. Interesting stat for sure.

I believe BA had an article earlier this week or last showing that historically top prospects aren't really traded at the deadline. Maybe a state of the modern baseball landscape with prospect hugging.

Wait....WAIT....we got William Bergolla for Tanner Banks?!?!

Haha....how is it the best pickup we got in a trade, was for Tanner Freakin' Banks? This one is a good one, Getz. I know, they are few and far between on your moves.

• Thanks 1