Trade thoughts

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If the first two happened idc what happened to Fedde but I can’t imagine an Astros package being exciting 

I read once that every system has a guy another team wants. Somebody who they were going to take in the 7th round, and that team grabbed him 3 picks ahead. Even when the Sox were a bottom 5 system, they still had Montas and Bassit lurking in the teens. Semien was seen by some as an eventual utility infielder. So Houston probably has talent that can be developed, somebody just needs to trade for it and develop it. 

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I read once that every system has a guy another team wants. Somebody who they were going to take in the 7th round, and that team grabbed him 3 picks ahead. Even when the Sox were a bottom 5 system, they still had Montas and Bassit lurking in the teens. Semien was seen by some as an eventual utility infielder. So Houston probably has talent that can be developed, somebody just needs to trade for it and develop it. 

I get what you are saying, but the Astros have objectively a bottom five garm system in the MLB. I doubt they would be able to beat what other clubs would offer in a Fedde trade, but I could be wrong if the Sox really like certain prospect(s). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Key word here..."develop."

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

I get what you are saying, but the Astros have objectively a bottom five garm system in the MLB. I doubt they would be able to beat what other clubs would offer in a Fedde trade, but I could be wrong if the Sox really like certain prospect(s). 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Key word here..."develop."

Yeah, this about covers it.

2 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I need a trade ASAP or at least a good juicy rumor.  I can't take these stupid updates from the reporters saying stuff like, "White Sox are sellers."  

I get tired of my Twitter feed full of blog articles about "4 Sox players sure to move this week". "BREAKING!!! Brewers interested in acquiring pitching". 

• Like 1

I'll go with the following in order as teams prospects that I think could be Sox prospects this time next week:

1) Philly

2) Seattle

3) Dodgers

4) Boston

5) Baltimore

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I know we are in the stage of the deadline where it is all about who teams WON'T deal, but eventually someone is going to look at the last half of the season, his current playoff chances, and blink.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know we are in the stage of the deadline where it is all about who teams WON'T deal, but eventually someone is going to look at the last half of the season, his current playoff chances, and blink.

Unless you're Mike Elias...

d6f23ed8-05f5-427f-80b5-1fb3e880f707_text.gif

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sellers tend to have the advantage this time of year. Pressure is on contending clubs to add meaningful pieces ofr a playoff push, and if the pricetag is not met you just hold onto your asset as a seller. 

As the clock ticks closer to the deadline, the pressure will rise to make something happen. Keep waiting if I am the Sox. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Sellers tend to have the advantage this time of year. Pressure is on contending clubs to add meaningful pieces ofr a playoff push, and if the pricetag is not met you just hold onto your asset as a seller. 

As the clock ticks closer to the deadline, the pressure will rise to make something happen. Keep waiting if I am the Sox. 

Yeah it is going to be much harder to be "in it" at the deadline, not add, and miss the playoffs and explain that to your fanbase, versus adding and missing out.  At least you tried kind of stuff goes further.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pal said:

I'll go with the following in order as teams prospects that I think could be Sox prospects this time next week:

1) Philly

2) Seattle

3) Dodgers

4) Boston

5) Baltimore

I love a good Pal appearance, especially near the deadline. What’s your prediction on whether we keep or trade Crochet/Robert? Think both are gone this time next week?

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah it is going to be much harder to be "in it" at the deadline, not add, and miss the playoffs and explain that to your fanbase, versus adding and missing out.  At least you tried kind of stuff goes further.

Especially with a guy like Fedde who is signed for a really reasonable $7.5 million next season. If he kept pitching this well and was a free agent he would easily be entertaining 3+ year offers for $15+ million annually

15 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Especially with a guy like Fedde who is signed for a really reasonable $7.5 million next season. If he kept pitching this well and was a free agent he would easily be entertaining 3+ year offers for $15+ million annually

Yeah it's one thing for teams to say they can't add dollars, but Fedde is so cheap, even small market teams don't have excuses.

1 hour ago, Pal said:

1) Philly

2) Seattle

3) Dodgers

4) Boston

5) Baltimore

Same list I had with Boston and Baltimore flipped… but you’re probably right. ?

2 hours ago, Pal said:

1) Philly

2) Seattle

3) Dodgers

4) Boston

5) Baltimore

The first 2 are ideal partners. Hope you are right with that dope.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I love a good Pal appearance, especially near the deadline. What’s your prediction on whether we keep or trade Crochet/Robert? Think both are gone this time next week?

I'll go with both.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Are the Robert offers worthy at this point? 

Not what I've heard rumored. The need Dombrowski to be Dombrowski

• Thanks 1

Here are my final predictions:

Trade #1:

• Exchange:  SP Garrett Crochet & RP Michael Kopech to BAL for 1B/3B Coby Mayo, OF Dylan Beavers, 2B Connor Norby, & LHP Luis DeLeon
  • Rationale:  Despite the skepticism, Elias finally nuts up for Crochet after being unable to acquire Skubal.  Sox get one elite positional prospect in Mayo plus two other near major league bats that can help speed up the timing of the rebuild greatly.  Kopech is also part of the trade to give the O’s another back-end relief option for 2024 & 2025, with a young, projectable LH arm coming back to the Sox help balance things out.

Trade #2:

• Exchange:  CF Luis Robert to PHI for SS Aiden Miler, OF Justin Crawford, & RHP Mick Abel
  • Rationale:  All the “Phillies don’t need to add” talk turns out to be nothing as Dombrowski can’t resist landing the elite CF he needs to cap off the roster.  He gives up two high-end prospects in Miller & Crawford, but keeps Painter and Caba (who can eventually replace Turner when he ages out).  Sox also got a Brian Bannister special in Abel, whose stock has fallen materially since the start of the season.

Trade #3:

• Exchange:  SP Erick Fedde to CLE for 1B Ralphy Velazquez & RHP Andrew Walters
  • Raitonale:  The Guardians are desperate for SP and are able to land one who can be part of a playoff rotation and is also cheap and controllable for another season.  After landing multiple RH hitters in other trades, the Sox get a young LH 1B/DH type who can potentially be an impact hitter in a few years.  As a sweetener, the Sox also get a high upside, near major league ready relief prospect who can slot into a role next year.

Beyond these trades, I fully expect Pham, DeJong, & Brabbia to be dealt with Flexen & Banks also legit options to to be moved.  For these guys, I’d mostly expect lottery tickets so unable to really speculate on specific returns.

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Montas was lurking near, if not in, the top 100 when traded him away.  Agree with you though that there are prospects on every farm that are misevaluated.  But you have to have the chops and out in the hard work to find those guys, which hopefully the Sox are doing.  The  idea is to get them at a discount, such as a throw in in a Jake Peavy trade (Montas). 

Edited by GreenSox